Brook Lodge Farm Camping & Caravan Park (Bristol) established for over 45 years, a 3 star Visit England, Gold Green Tourism, Gold Fairtrade 2015 and WorldHost recognised business offers a unique rural camping experience with two paddocks catering for individual pitches and groups nestled below the Mendip Hills. It's a excellent location provides easy access to visit Bristol, Bath, Cheddar, Wells, Weston-super-Mare and surrounding area.
Brook Lodge dates from the 18th century and is an ex-staging post on Bristol to Exeter Royal Mail route. The area of Cowslip Green is considered by historians worldwide to be a heritage site of considerable significance. Hannah More (1745-1883) lived in Cowslip Green she was an educator, writer and social reformer. and was also known for her writings on abolition and for encouraging women to join the anti-slavery movement. John Locke, who was a philosopher, statesman and writer of much of the American constitution, was born in this area also.
The countryside surrounding the camping park is excellent for walking, bird watching and cycling through the labyrinth of country lanes. Trout fishing available at the world famous Blagdon Lake, two and a half miles away, and walks to local pubs/restaurants within 1.5 miles.
- Farm - Mixed farm 30 acres
- In countryside
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Outdoor play area
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Freezer in all units
- Ironing facilities in all units
- Pets accepted in some units
- Telephone in all units
- Accept coach parties
- Additional charge for awnings - Additional charge for awnings in high season.
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical disposal point
- Drinking water supply
- Electric hook-up points
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - 21:00
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Overnight holding area
- Public telephone
- Public toilets
- Total number of touring pitches - 29.
- Activity breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- Portuguese spoken
- Spanish spoken
Map & Directions
From M5 junction 18M5 jct 18 onto A4 to A370 left to Barrow Gurney onto B3130 to A38 turn right follow signs to Bristol Airport. Follow A38 for 3 miles, pass Darlington pub on right. Park is signposted on left at bottom of hill opposite the Holiday Inn.From Bath: A4 to A368 to Churchill, right on A38. 4 miles park signposted on right. Opposite Holiday Inn.From Southwest. M5 junction 22 to A38 to Churchill. Park on right opposite Holiday Inn.O/S ref. 485 - 620
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Central Bus Station.Take service bus 121 to Church Road, Redhill. Pub is down hill pass Darlington pub. Alternatively take airport flyer to Bristol International and take taxi to park.(3.5 miles)Fly to Bristol International Airport from around the world then take a taxi to Brook Lodge Farm (3.5 miles).Cyclilng: from Bristol take A38 South West, Taunton Road. Pass Darlington Inn, Brook Lodge Park is 3/4 mile on left.
Tel: +44 (0)1934 862 311
- 3 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- 3 Visit England Stars Camping & Touring Park
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2014
- Green Awards Fairtrade Business Awards 2015 Gold Award 2015
- Group Establishments Worldhost Recognised Business 2015 2015