Situated in the quiet rural village of Pucklechurch, Fern Cottage is an award-winning bed and breakfast run by its passionate proprietors, Sue and Pete.
Fern Cottage is a restful retreat for those wishing for a weekend away from it all. Set within a conservation area and surrounded by beautiful countryside, Fern Cottage nestles within a two acre smallholding with the added benefit of being just 15 minutes from the centres of both Bristol and Bath.
For those enjoying a leisurely break, Fern Cottage is in an ideal base from which to explore Bristol, Bath, Lacock, Castle Combe, Tyntesfield, Dyrham Park, Longleat Stonehenge, Cheddar and the Cotswolds.
About Fern Cottage
Fern Cottage offers complimentary parking to all guests. There are four double en-suite rooms (two with king size beds) enjoying panoramic countryside views and located at ground floor level. This beautiful accommodation reflects the high standard of quality, attention to detail and offers affordable luxury which is complemented by excellent food and service. Guests arriving at 4pm are offered a complimentary home-made cream tea on arrival.
Good food is a passion at Fern Cottage, and guests can enjoy an exceptional quality breakfast, using local, home grown, home-made and organic produce. The Fern Cottage breakfast menu was complimented on by top Chefs Gary Rhodes and Michael Caines on the UKTV programme Local Food Heroes, on which proprietor Sue was among the five finalists for the whole of the South West - watch the video of Sue cooking on the show. Fern Cottage has proudly received over 18 awards for its food, service and hospitality.
Stay at Fern Cottage and you can also take advantage of a 10% discount for a two-hour session at Thermae Bath Spa.
Fern cottage also have an electric pod point situated by their stable block for guests to use to re-charge their electric cars. It’s available for all guests.
- Watch Sue cooking with Michael Caines
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Access to golf course
- Cycle hire
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- vikkinathPenzance, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbsolute perfection in every wayFriday, 10th February 2017Prior to arriving at Fern cottage I was in contact via email with Sue & Pete, their responses were both prompt and helpful. Upon arrival my husband and I were greeted by a very friendly Sue, and... Read full review
- Paul ATrip Type:CouplesGreat place to stayMonday, 26th December 2016First impressions of the B&B was like being home from home. Very warm welcome was given to us when we arrived with home made scones where offered upon our arrival.. The room was clean and tidy... Read full review
- Tracy4MartinLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect StayMonday, 12th December 2016This was our second visit to Fern Cottage and it didn't disappoint! Sue and Pete are wonderful hosts that really do think of every little detail. They are friendly and very welcoming and nothing is... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 937 4966
- 4 Visit England Stars Farmhouse
- Visit England Gold 2016
- Visit England Bed & Breakfast of the Year - Gold 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bristol Hospitality Awards 2010 - B&B of the Year 2010
- South West Tourism Bed & Breakfast/Guest Accommodation of the Year 2010/11 - Finalist 2011
- Visit England Enjoy England Award for Excellence 2013 2013
- Visit England EnjoyEngland Breakfast Award 2016