AboutMercure Bristol North, The Grange dates back to 1852 and is an elegant country hotel set in 18 tranquil acres of delightful grounds. It’s the ideal base for both leisure and business visitors who want to stay in beautiful surroundings but still be within striking distance of the city. The hotel offers excellent road and rail links with the M32, M4 and M5, with Bristol Parkway railway station just 1.5 miles away. Central Bristol is just eight miles away.
There are 68 rooms, each equipped with an LCD TV, high-speed internet connection, on-demand movie service and a music jukebox. The majority of the rooms also have views over the surrounding countryside.
Guests can dine in the The Acorn Restaurant, which is overlooking the fabulous gardens, or relax with a drink on the Conservatory Bar terrace, shaded by a 200-year-old cedar tree. 24-hour room service is also available.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 28th Apr 2017
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 29th Apr 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£79.00 per room (room only)|
|Executive Room||£129.00 per room (room only)|
|Family||£79.00 per room (room only)|
|Single en suite||£79.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin||£79.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accessible Rooms
- Country house
- Film or TV location - Casualty film here
- In countryside
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area - Croquet lawn, secret garden,giant Jenga, giant draughts
- Children's videos/DVDs available - In room movies on demand
- Facilities for children - Cots and highchairs available.
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children - Can be flexible to your requirements
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - Next to Woodlands Golf Course (one mile)
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire - Mountain Bikes available
- Water sports facilities - Water sports lake just half a mile from the hotel.
- Additional meal details - Vegan, diabetic.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - £22pp
- Room service
- Serve breakfast - Mon-Fri 7am-9.30am. Saturday 8am-11am Sunday 8am-12pm
- Serve evening meal - Mon Sat 7pm-10pm. Sun 7pm-9.30pm.
- Serve lunch - Daily 12.30pm-2pm.
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Exclusive Use
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Pets accepted - Not in public areas.
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Silver award from GTBS, own organic garden, wildlife watch, walks and bicycle hire.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - We have indoor and outdoor games to make use of the extensive grounds e.g. croquet and giant Jenga.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Cycle racks and overnight storage,cycle route maps available
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - We have bedrooms above ground level available on request and the public areas are comfortable and not too big which sometimes helps lone females to feel less intimidated.
- Special provisions for walkers - Walking books are available at reception for local walks.
- French spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Polish spoken
Map & Directions
M4: Leave at junction 19 and bear left on M32 - signposted Kingswood. Take a left at the next two sets of traffic lights and then bear left on a sharp right hand bend (signposted to Motorcycle test centre). After approximately one mile there is a T-Junction, turn left and then immediately right (signposted 'hotel'). The hotel is then on this road after about one mile on the left hand side.
M5 (both directions) : At junction with M4 follow M4-London and then directions as for M4.
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Parkway - 1.5 miles by taxi
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good163
- JKS-WMidsStourbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful groundsSunday, 23rd April 2017We stayed at this hotel over Easter. The grounds are fabulous and the privilege room we had was wonderful. Nice and spacious and spotlessly clean. This hotel does cater for large wedding parties... Read full review
- Chris and Jane JWorcesterTrip Type:CouplesA nice relaxing breakFriday, 21st April 2017This is a great hotel for a relaxing break yet only a few minutes from the attractions of Bristol. Clean and tidy rooms with friendly staff. The food is wonderful and very reasonably priced. Even... Read full review
- Ron504226Littlehampton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPeaceful break near BristolThursday, 20th April 2017Arrived Easter Monday for overnight stay. Out in the countryside away from the bustle of Bristol but just 15 mins away from the city centre. Easily accessible from the motorways and well signposted... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)844 815 9063
- 4 AA Stars Country House Hotel