AboutSELF-CATERING AT ORCHARD HOUSE
Orchard House has two self-catering apartments alongside bed and breakfast accommodation. Both have fully equipped kitchens with electric stoves. Towels and bedding are provided, and central heating and other energy costs are included in the tariff. Telephone is charged separately. Apartments have digital TV/radio and DVD players, and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy a well stocked garden, and there is ample on-site parking. Fire safety provision meets all current requirements.
The two-bedroom apartment has ground floor access, double and twin-bedded rooms, bathroom with bath and shower, open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area. Equipment includes washing machine, dish washer and fridge/freezer.
The first floor apartment is accessed by separate outside steps. It comprises a double bedroom, kitchen, bathroom with bath and shower, and a large lounge with two IKEA chairs that convert into single beds if required. There is a washing machine and fridge with small freezer compartment; additional freezer space can easily be accessed in the garage area.
About Chew Stoke
Although close to Bristol (8 miles), Chew Stoke ( pop. 800; www.chewstoke.org.uk )
is situated in a rural area close to Chew Valley lake, which offers trout fishing and bird watching for visitors. The village offers a good starting point for exploring on foot, or by bicycle, the local area which includes the Mendip Hills. Bristol, Bath, Wells, Glastonbury and Weston-super-Mare can all be reached within a 30 minute drive; Exmoor, Stonehenge, Salisbury, the coast and many other attractions can easily be reached as day trips. Chew Stoke is four miles from Bristol International Airport.
Shopping and other facilities
Chew Stoke supports a small shop/garage and two pubs, but more facilities, including a CO-OP supermarket, a well stocked traditional butcher, Post Office, HSBC and National Westminster banks, Doctors surgery (with pharmacy) and Dentist are available in near-by Chew Magna (1 mile). Information on other local shops and many local pubs that offer, good reasonably priced, meals, will be discussed with guests on arrival. A wider shopping experience can be found at Cabot Circus in central Bristol, Cribbs Causeway in west Bristol, and Bath. The old Clarks shoe factory in Street is now a popular designer outlet.
A wide range of sports and fitness facilities are available at Chew Valley school.
Full garage services are available at Ubley motors and Winford Ford.
Bed and Breakfast - £40 - £50 per person
Child under 12 years - £20
Child under 2 years - Free
Apartments: £275 - £450 per week
A 25% deposit is required to confirm a booking
Apartments can be cleaned and serviced for an additional fee
- In countryside
- Village Location
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Cycle hire - Can be accessed locally.
- Fishing - Permits available for nearby Chew Valley Lake
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ironing Facilities
- Electricity inc in rate
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen provided
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open all year
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
Orchard House postcode BS40 8UB From M5 NorthLeave motorway at Jct. 18 (Avonmouth) onto A4 to Bristol and go onto A370 towards Weston –super-Mare. Four miles out of Bristol turn left onto B3130 in direction of Chew Magna. At the traffic lights after Barrow Gurney turn right on A38 towards Bristol airport, but after 400 yards turn again onto B3130. Go through Winford. Just past the Shell petrol station, but before Chew Magna, turn right at the roundabout into Chew Stoke. Turn right into Bristol road (B3114). Orchard House is 150 yards on left just before give way signFrom M5 SouthLeave motorway at Jct 22 (Highbridge) and take A38 to Bristol Airport. Turn right 400 yards after the airport to Winford. In Winford turn right in front of pubonto B3130. Then as directions from M5 north.From Bristol city centreLeave Bristol on A37 towards Wells. Just before Pensford (6 miles) turn right onto B3130. Go through the centre of Chew Magna and turn left onto B3114 just after the estate agents and opposite the Sacred Heart catholic church. This becomes Bristol road in Chew Stoke. Orchard House is on left just before give way sign.From BathLeave Bath on A4/ A39 towards Wells and Weston-super-Mare. At Marksbury (6 miles) continue on A368 towards Weston-super-Mare. Cross A37 and continue to West Harptree. Turn right in front of church onto B3114 towards Chew Stoke. The road goes by the side of Chew Valley lake. Orchard House if on the right 150 yards after the shop and after the give way sign.
Public Transport Directions
Bristol in the morning (Routes 67 and 672) and the same number from Bristol in the afternoon. Last bus leaves at 18:10. Journey time 40 minutes. There are no services on Sunday or Bank Holidays.Access from Bath and Wells is via Bristol.It is possible to take the airport bus from Bristol bus station, or Temple Meads train station, to the airport, and then taxi to Chew Stoke. The airport bus runs every 20 min during the day, and at 30 min intervals in the evening until 23:00. There is a 24 hour taxi service at the airport.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- Lesley WHavant, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDisappointedFriday, 2nd September 2016Bit disappointed with this B&B, we felt 'pushed' into having breakfast at a certain time as two other guests were also staying, and felt it was for their convenience, so that only one sitting would... Read full review
- Neville WLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely accomodationMonday, 7th March 2016Ann and Derek were very accommodating towards me, my wife, and 2 young children. Very impressed. Would recommend to anybody. I loved the old grandfather clocks in their house which they encouraged my... Read full review
- MSm48Ringwood, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood as usualMonday, 7th December 2015As usual, a warm welcome, although it was some eight years since our last stay. Comfortable room, and a very filling breakfast. Situated in a pleasant location within easy reach of Chew Valley Lake... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 333143
- 3 Visit England Stars Self Catering