AboutThornbury Castle hotel is a beautiful 16th century building, which was once owned by Henry VIII and stands in 15 acres of regal splendour, surrounded by its vineyards and Tudor garden. It is renowned for being one of the finest country house hotels in England. It nestles on the northern edge of Thornbury adjacent to the Gloucestershire countryside, 12 miles north of Bristol, and is well placed for visiting the Cotswolds, the Georgian city of Bath and Wales.
Thornbury Castle has 26 carefully-restored bedchambers, many with sumptuous four-poster beds and splendid stone-carved fireplaces, making your stay just that little bit more special. The Tower bedchamber boasts the largest bed in a hotel in the UK - 10 feet wide.
The recipient of many prestigious awards for its fine food, Thornbury Castle has three dining rooms, each baronial in style, with panelled walls, heraldic shields and open fires.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double Bedchamber||from £195.00 to £295.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Double Bedchamber||from £305.00 to £405.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Suite||from £365.00 to £465.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Tower Suite||from £465.00 to £565.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade I Tudor Castle once owned by Henry VIII.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children over 10 years old are welcome
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Sixty spaces
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Spa Treatments
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Available for wedding receptions - Maximum of 100 guests
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Pets accepted - At a small charge
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Greek spoken
- Hungarian spoken
- Mandarin spoken
- Portuguese spoken
- Romanian spoken
- Spanish spoken
Map & Directions
Follow brown historic signs. At bottom of Thornbury High Street bear left. Castle at bottom of hill. Behind parish church.
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Parkway - 12 miles
Taxi journey of 15 minutes from outside station.
Tel: +44 (0)1454 281 182
- 3 AA Red Stars Country House Hotel
- AA Awards AA - 2 Rosettes 2015
- Bristol Tourism & Hospitality Award Small Hotel of the Year Winner 2013 2014