AboutBristol has become one of the most dynamic cultural and commercial centres in Britain. Visitors of all kinds are guaranteed a lively, attractive and historic city which offers a variety of restaurants, museums, art galleries, entertainment and lots of sights to see, with the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge, the historic City Docks and various waterfront attractions being just a few examples.
Situated on the outskirts of the city, the University of the West of England is a peaceful University Campus with excellent public transport links it to the busy cosmopolitan city centre and minutes away from the M4, M5 and M32 motorways and close to Bristol Parkway railway station. The University of the West of England is an ideal base from which to explore the West Country. The university can offer facilities for conferences, corporate meetings, presentations, seminars, workshops, training days and exhibitions. Private functions including weddings, dinner dances, banquets, receptions and BBQs can also be catered for.
The new student village which opened in 2006 offers 1,932 high quality DDA compliant, en-suite rooms. Also at the main Frenchay Campus site, visitors can enjoy state of art sports facility incorporating courts for a wide range of sports and activities, including a gymnasium and physiotherapy suite.
- In countryside
- Weekend breaks
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- On site parking - Parking Uncovered: 2000
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Other sporting facilities - Badminton, hockey, five-a-side football and more.
- Additional meal details - Celiac, Gluten free. Any special dietary needs.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Cooking facilities for guests use
- Food shop
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- All major credit cards accepted
- Daily rates available
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ironing Facilities
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Drying Facilities
- Electricity inc in rate
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Linen provided
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - Carroll Court only (8 houses, each with 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Public telephone
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
Map & Directions
Leave the M4 at junction 19 and join the M32 motorway (signposted "Bristol"). Leave the M32 at junction 1 (signposted "ring road") and take the third exit onto Filton Road A4174 (signposted "ring road, Filton, Parkway"). Turn left onto Coldharbour Lane (signposted "University of the West of England") and at the roundabout take the third exit into UWE Frenchay Campus.
Public Transport Directions
UWE ULink buses run regularly from the Frenchay Campus to the city centre. Bristol Parkway Station which operates bus links direct to UWE Frenchay Campus is just a quarter of a mile away.
Tel: +44 (0)117 328 2292