This is a quiet campsite in a lovely secluded setting, on an organic farm. The herd of Friesian cows and calves are usually in view in the surrounding fields. Fresh eggs are usually available. The solar-powered showers are very efficient. Wood for campfires and barbeques is always available.
The kitchen is fully equipped, but food at the local pub (15 minutes pleasant walk) is good and very reasonably priced. There is also a selection of pubs with a varied range of good food in Chew Magna, 3 miles away.
The farm also hosts its own Bunkhouse which is set in its own quiet secluded spot. There are two pleasant bedrooms with a 3/4 bunk in each, a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable sitting/dining room, shower room and lavatory. It also has efficient air-sourced heating.
The charming Shepherd's Hut is also situated in a lovely location with good views and has a double bed, wood-burning stove and a calov gas hob.
The Bunkhouse and the Shepherd's Hut are for adult accommodation only.
The location is perfect for fishermen; being situated just 2 miles from Blagdon and Chew Valley Lake. There is sailing on Chew Valley Lake and Walkers can enjoy the beautiful Mendip hills.
Bath and the small city of Wells, are approximately 25 minutes away, as are Cheddar Gorge and Wookey Hole caves.
Ashton Court on the outskirts of Bristol (the host of the International Balloon Fiesta) is just 15 minutes away. Longleat is approximately a distance of an hour and a half.
- Farm - Organic
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Village Location
- Weekend breaks
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Fishing - Chew Valley Lake - 2 miles
- Water sports facilities - Sailing Chew Valley Lake
- Cash & Cheque only
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Central heating throughout
- Drinking water supply
- Ironing facilities
- Open all year
- Real log/coal fires
Map & Directions
Travelling south on the A38, south of Bristol.
Turn right in Winford A3103
Go through Winford village and as the main road bears sharp left, turn right into Regil Lane, which is straight ahead and also signposted for The Crown pub.
Stay on this road for approxiately a mile and a half, go through Regil village and Walnut Tree Farm is at the bottom of the hill at the other side.
NB: Regil and Ridgehill are one and the same.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- dandh20152015Rossendale, United KingdomTrip Type:Couples7 nights fantastic campingSaturday, 27th August 2016Had a wonderful seven nights camping here. Michael the owner made us so welcome with his friendly, attentive yet relaxed style. Michael provided fresh eggs and wild mushroms from the fields and a... Read full review
- sianlisterPoole, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautifulFriday, 19th August 2016We stayed for 3 nights mid August, and had a wonderful time. There is a choice of two fields to camp in - we opted for the one near the shower block. Lots of space and lovely views of trees and... Read full review
- Jenny HTrip Type:FamilyPeace and QuietTuesday, 12th July 2016A beautiful and peaceful campsite in the beautiful Chew Valley. There aren't many mod cons, but it's the simplicity of getting back to nature that makes this campsite so relaxed. The farmer Michael... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 472 207