Apprenticeships are a structured way for students to gain a qualification whilst earning a wage and training in your business.
They are delivered at 3 levels:
- Intermediate Apprenticeships (for general applicants)
- Advanced level Apprenticeships (Supervisory level)
- Higher level Apprenticeships (Degree level)
Apprentices are employed 30+ hours per week, and an apprenticeship can take 1 - 4 years, dependant on the level & framework.
NB: For businesses that are unable to offer 30 hours’ work per week a shared apprenticeship is also available.
Why choose an Apprenticeship for your business?
Benefits to business:
- Reducing training and recruitment costs
- Increasing productivity (on average by £214/week)* and your bottom line
- Developing a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- Improving customer service results
- Providing financial return on investment
(Source: National Apprenticeship Service)
A shared apprenticeship is available for smaller tourism and hospitality businesses who due to their size are unable to offer 30 hours a week work or are unable to offer the range of work experiences required to meet all of the apprenticeship criteria. The added bonus of this for the apprentice is that they receive a wider ranging experience.
Apprenticeships in Tourism & Hospitality
Level 2 (Intermediate):
Customer Service; Hospitality Services; Food & Beverage Services; Front of House / Reception; Housekeeping; Kitchen Services; Food Production & Cooking; Professional Cookery and Business Admin
Level 3 (Advanced):
Customer Service; Hospitality Supervision & Management and Business Admin
For further details please contact:
Hospitality Training Coordinator, BEST (Bristol Employment, Skills and Training)
Email: Nicola.Padden@bestfortourism.co.uk Tel: 0117 946 2202
Address: BEST, Destination Bristol, 53 Queen Square, Bristol. BS1 4LH