Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2012
Congratulations to all the winners and finalists of the Bristol Tourism and Hospitality Awards 2012. Thank you to Sounds Commercial and the Bristol Marriott City Centre Hotel for a fantastic event on Monday 28th January.
A special thanks to all our sponsors as without your support, we would not be able to host this event.
We are delighted to announce that thanks to the generous support from those attending the awards, Marie Curie raised £1500.
The winners and finalists are listed below
Bed and Breakfast / Guest Accommodation of the Year
Self Catering / Serviced Apartments of the Year
- Winner: SACO Bristol Broad Quay
Small Hotel of The Year
Sponsored by Bristol Blue Glass
Large Hotel of the Year
Sponsored by Sounds Commercial
- Joint Winners: The Bristol Hotel - A Member of the Doyle Collection & Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
- Finalists: Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, Doubletree by Hilton Cadbury House, Hilton Garden Inn Bristol, Novotel Bristol Centre
Sustainable Tourism Award
Sponsored by Business West
Business Tourism Award
Sponsored by N-Gaged Training
- Winner: Aztec Hotel & Spa
- Finalists: The Bristol Hotel - A Member of the Doyle Collection, Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Taste of Bristol Award
- Winner: Pieminister
- Finalists: Eat Drink Bristol Fashion, Jacks Brasserie, Lahloo Pantry, The Swan in Wedmore, Watershed
Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
Sponsored by SACO – the worldwide serviced apartments network
Tourism Experience of the Year
Sponsored by Pear Communication
- Joint Winners: See No Evil, Bristol Zoo – Wow Gorillas
- Finalists: Bailey Balloons, Bristol Balloons, City Sightseeing
Pub of the Year
Access for All
- Winner: Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm
The following awards are in recognition of the role of retailers in Bristol and awards for customer service.
Hospitality Team of the Year
Sponsored by Maxima Training and Development
- Winner: Bristol Marriott City Centre Hotel, Events team
- Finalists: Armada House conference and events team; The Bristol Hotel, Front Office Team; Hilton Bristol Hotel, Front Office team; Novotel Bristol Centre, Front Office Team; Radisson Blu Bristol, Front Office Team; Ramada Bristol City, Sales Team
Individual Customer Service of the Year – Hospitality
- Winner: Ramada Bristol City Hotel, Keith Andrew
- Finalists: The Bristol Hotel, Mike Tavares – Duty Manager; Bristol Toastmasters, Barbara Anne Maggs; Fosters Catering, Peter Curtis Smith; Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, Andrea Eldridge; Hilton Bristol Hotel, Sandra Bokomlaskova; Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, Holly Garnett; Bristol Marriott City Centre Hotel, Cliff Blackmoor
Attractions Team of the Year
- Winner: At Bristol, ‘In the Zone’ Production Crew
- Finalist: Noah's Ark Zoo Farm, Noah’s Ark Buildings Team
Individual Customer Service of the Year – Attractions
- Winner: Bristol City Sightseeing, Warwick Hulme
- Finalist: Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, David (‘Dav’) Bennett
Best salesperson from an Independent Store
Sponsored by Bristol Shopping Quarter
- Winner: Kitt Bellamy, Greetings Galore
- Finalist: Stephen Hockett, Luggage & Case
Best salesperson from a National Multiple
Sponsored by Bristol Shopping Quarter
- Winner: Geraldine Skyrme, Specsavers
- Finalist: Neil Broderick, House of Fraser
If you would like to register your interest in sponsoring the 2013/14 awards, it's never too early to find out more.
As a category sponsor you will receive branding opportunities online and throughout the evening itself as well as presenting the award to the winner of your nominated category. You will receive two tickets for the evening itself and there will be further opportunities to network with tourism and hospitality businesses.
For more information, please email Kathryn Davis.