Romy’s Kitchen Restaurant on Castle Street in the market town of Thornbury, Bristol is run by Romy Gill MBE.
Romy Gill was awarded MBE for her services to hospitality industry in the Queen’s Birthday honours list 2016. She was one of the guest judges in Celebrity Masterchef final BBC One in July 2016. She is associated with a number of charity works, most notably Action Against Hunger UK and Bristol based Frank Water Charity. Romy demonstrates her food at festivals in both the UK and abroad.
The restaurant is known for its nutritious, well-styled and authentic Indian food, serving a range of dishes (e.g pigeon breast, wild boar, quail etc) that you are unlikely to find on the menus of many British Indian restaurants. The food is accompanied by world-class wine list and a selection of local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The local cider made in Cotswold and Somerset is served with food.
All the food is cooked in the restaurant using the fresh ingredients from local sustainable suppliers’ e.g. Goat meat from farm in Somerset, milk and cream from organic farm in Gloucestershire, fish and crab meat from Brixham, wild boar meat from forest of Dean. Coming from a Punjabi family, born and raised in West Bengal, India, Gill doesn't just combine the two cuisines she grew up with but combines them with the best local British ingredients to produce her signature dishes in the restaurant.
Choose from a set menu or a range of snacks at lunchtime, or join Romy and the team in the evening for the full a la carte menu.
- Al fresco dining
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities - Two disabled parking bays on road outside
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - Lots of vegetarian and gluten free dishes on menu
- Take away service - They offer takeaway tiffins
- Available for wedding receptions
- Booking required
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor Garden seating for summer
- Private rooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Find out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport Directions
For comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
Tel: +44 (0)1454 416 728
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Tuesday to Saturday ( 10am to 2pm and 6pm to 11pm)
Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Year’s Day