The Canteen was established in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Primarily a meeting place, Canteen is a hub for people to make connections, hatch ideas and relax with each other. Open almost everyday of the year and always busy, the Canteen is a place of community and inclusivity.
The bar/restaurant opens at 10am with freshly-roasted coffee, delicious butties, wholesome toasted cereals and stewed fruit. At midday, lunch gets into full swing, serving contemporary fusion food using the best of the regions ingredients. Always changing and always fresh, the menu includes delicious vegan and vegetarian options as well as carefully sourced line-caught fish from Cornwall, locally sourced free-range meat options and our house mussels and homemade bread.
Afternoons seem to lend themselves to relaxed meetings, comings goings and lots of cake. At 5pm, the kitchen opens again for the evening, serving the same delicious menu, perhaps with a new item or two to replace what sold out over lunch. This runs up till 10pm when, 7 nights a week, the finest of local and touring musicians from across all genres of music, take to our stage for a free concert. Things wind down at midnight or 1 am on weekends giving us just enough time to get ready and rest before the whole show begins again in the morning.
- In town/city centre
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- All major credit cards accepted
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live music
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good56
- Claire SCheltenham, United KingdomFantastic vibe and yummy food.Monday, 17th April 2017Unique, quirky, chilled atmosphere! The canteen is definitely a place for foodies. The food was very tasty and the venue accommodated for any dietary requirements. I had booked a table for 17 of us... Read full review
- xeve7Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAlways out of foodSunday, 2nd April 2017I'm reviewing the Canteen in its capacity as a venue that serves food. On two separate occasions we've made trips out to the canteen, as we love the atmosphere and wanted to try the food (the menu is... Read full review
- Lottie-Lou-BelleBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat venueSunday, 26th March 2017Great venue with plenty of seating and a lively atmosphere. Perfect for catching up with friends. Haven't tried the food but the orders arriving to people nearby looked great! Read full review
80 Stokes Croft
Tel: +44 (0)117 923 2017