The Canteen was established in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Primarily a meeting place, Canteen is a hub for people to make connections, hatch ideas and relax with each other. Open almost everyday of the year and always busy, the Canteen is a place of community and inclusivity.
The bar/restaurant opens at 10am with freshly-roasted coffee, delicious butties, wholesome toasted cereals and stewed fruit. At midday, lunch gets into full swing, serving contemporary fusion food using the best of the regions ingredients. Always changing and always fresh, the menu includes delicious vegan and vegetarian options as well as carefully sourced line-caught fish from Cornwall, locally sourced free-range meat options and our house mussels and homemade bread.
Afternoons seem to lend themselves to relaxed meetings, comings goings and lots of cake. At 5pm, the kitchen opens again for the evening, serving the same delicious menu, perhaps with a new item or two to replace what sold out over lunch. This runs up till 10pm when, 7 nights a week, the finest of local and touring musicians from across all genres of music, take to our stage for a free concert. Things wind down at midnight or 1 am on weekends giving us just enough time to get ready and rest before the whole show begins again in the morning.
- In town/city centre
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- All major credit cards accepted
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live music
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- CricketdadWigan, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayA bit eccentricWednesday, 15th March 2017This place was ok. A selection of wacky beers, wacky furniture, and wacky people. The menu looked nice and it was full. Might be worth popping in if you like that sort of stuff. Different to the... Read full review
- Raul MTrip Type:CouplesAwesomeMonday, 27th February 2017We enjoyed every bit of it, indeed we will come back! Awesome food, charming place and staff and of course a good price! Read full review
- Tasha HLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFresh Tasty FoodSunday, 26th February 2017My friends and I wandered in here following our Street Art Tour to warm up and for lunch. My friend is gf and I vegetarian so this was the perfect lunch spot that catered to both. The food was... Read full review
80 Stokes Croft
Tel: +44 (0)117 923 2017