AboutHospitality is at the heart of all they do at the Folk House Café. The team want to create a warm and inviting place for their customers to come and eat freshly made and delicious food. They use organic and sustainable ingredients as a matter of course, proudly supporting many local suppliers and growers. They bring the same love of fresh, organic food to their on-site and outside catering events.
The menu at the Folk House Cafe changes with the seasons, is always delicious and wholesome, and ranges from soups to pizzas, salads, stews, bakes and cakes, catering for practically every dietary need and occasion possible. They also have a well stocked bar selling local ales, wine, a huge array of soft drinks and of course teas and coffees.
The Folk House Café’s reputation for serving superb food is well deserved. From the simplicity of warm homemade bread and butter to a full three course wedding feast, they
can turn their hand to anything.
The café is hidden away but rewards braving the corridor off Park Street (next to Nomad’s Travel Shop). You will be greeted by an intelligent and friendly staff in a quirky bright interior.
The café is situated within the Bristol Folk House (a centre for adult learning and arts), hosting and catering live music events and festivals, weddings and parties of all kinds.
What people say…
“We had such a fantastic time and are recommending your lovely venue and delicious food to all our friends. Thank you again so much! “ Alice and Louis (wedding)
“Lo-fi environment, first class organic food, delicious coffee, tucked away in its own eco system.” Kristjan Bigland (food and coffee aficionado)
- Al fresco dining - Big courtyard garden
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Evening meals during term time only.
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - Including vegan & gluten free
- Take away service
- All major credit cards accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups accepted
- Live music
- Pets accepted - In the courtyard on the balcony
- Private rooms - Available through www.bristolfolkhouse.co.uk
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport Directions
Any bus to the city centre will bring within 5 minutes of the Folk House.
The entrance is hidden - we are down a corridor right next to ‘Nomad’ (travel shop), half way down Park Street on the left.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- pauliem1Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelCosy Atmosphere, lunch portions on the light sideFriday, 27th January 2017I've been coming here many years and I love it even though the set lunch specials make you feel you've been put on a special diet. The coffee is good and so are the wasted sandwiches and the... Read full review
- Annabel MBristol, United KingdomA quanit place to eat.Wednesday, 7th December 2016A very reasonably priced small restaurant/cafe. Good, wholesome food. Also it is licesenced to sell alcohol. Read full review
- Ann LBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelExcellent location for day coursesSaturday, 15th October 2016I have discovered the Bristol Folk House after many years of living in Bristol for bespoke 1/2 day courses that I would not have otherwise done or not available locally in my area of Bristol where I... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 908 5035
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Monday - Saturday 9am - 8.30pm TERM TIME ONLY
Monday - Saturday 9am - 4pm HOLIDAY TIME
All closing/opening times and variations posted on website and fb page