Docked in a beautiful location in Hotwells, the Grain Barge is bursting with character. Within sight of Brunel’s ss Great Britain, it’s three decks offer great views over the harbour, making it the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by.
The historic converted barge has established itself as one of Bristol’s friendliest, most casual eating and drinking experiences. The specials menu is updated daily using locally sourced, fresh produce which is organic and fair trade where possible, and a superb range of craft beers is on offer, from some of the most exciting breweries around - including from sister company Bristol Beer Factory located across the harbour in Ashton.
The boat is famed for its music which takes place in the atmospheric Hold Bar, with a popular Open Mic night on Tuesdays and regular live music every Thursday night, which is free entry apart from occasional ticketed performances. The Hold Bar also makes a great venue for private parties and events, and is available to hire from Friday to Sunday.
- Dining afloat - The Grain Barge is moored on Bristol's Harbourside, opposite Brunel's ss Great Britain.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dogs Accepted
- Event venue
- Regular evening entertainment
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good105
- c210609UKTrip Type:Friends getawayA pub or restaurant on the River AvonTuesday, 14th February 2017The Grain Barge is a well preserved old barge offering a fantastic location on the river/docks. The food and drinks are very good - particularly the Porter Ales! Service is very good too. Read full review
- Elena STrip Type:FamilyGreat food and choice of alcoholFriday, 10th February 2017Excellent food with plenty of vegetarian options, and a lovely view of the harbourside. They also offer a good selection of beer and cider. The butternut squash pie is divine Read full review
- Helen_Cheshire2014Cirencester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat food and atmosphereMonday, 6th February 2017Three of us ate here last night and thought the food was excellent. We particularly enjoyed the Caerphilly and Leek Tart and the Chestnut and Spinach Wellington. The Chocolate tart for dessert was... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 9347
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|