The Rummer Hotel occupies a listed building in the heart of the medieval old city. Their multi award winning kitchen serves traditional British dishes, and Sunday roasts in the bar area and contemporary tasting menus in the cellar dining room. They have a growing reputation for embracing the unusual, and regularly feature dishes on the menu like squirrel and pickled periwinkles.
The Rummer Hotel is fiercely independent, with a passion for quality, and a love of local produce.
Their cocktail bar boasts the best and largest spirit collection in the region and their cocktail bartenders are ranked among the best in the country. They have been at the vanguard of Bristol’s cocktail scene, and continue to innovate and impress the cocktails crowd in the city. The stack of awards and accolades over the years, is a testament to the hard work and creativeness of their team.
They also cater for weddings, functions, meeting and events in a bespoke fashion, making for a perfect event every time.
- Dog friendly
- In town/city centre - Centre of St Nicholas Market
- Unique venue - Bristol's oldest coaching inn
- Guide dogs permitted
- Menus available in large print format
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Available for wedding receptions
- Groups accepted
- Open all year
- Private rooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good60
- Vincent BTrip Type:BusinessGreat spot for a quiet drinkThursday, 16th February 2017A colleague and I came here after work for a quick drink and conversation and ended up staying all evening. They offer great food in a relaxed atmosphere with a wide selection of beers and and ales... Read full review
- Hayley ATrip Type:FamilyNice food but quite a few flawsThursday, 16th February 2017We came here on Sunday for a roast and the food was lovely, including dessert. I wouldn't recommend the smoked duck starter as it was a little dry, but the cauliflower cheese was amazing and the gin... Read full review
- LaPlovesfoodTrip Type:CouplesSunday RoastTuesday, 14th February 2017Came here with my partner my birthday without big expectations because we just wanted to find a place with a table free on Sunday. We loved the service and the food was amazing! We had beef and it... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 4243
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Monday - Thursday 10am -12am
Friday 10am - 1am
Saturday 11am - 1am
Sunday 12pm - 10.30pm