The Rummer Hotel occupies a listed building in the heart of the medieval old city. Their multi award winning kitchen serves traditional British dishes, and Sunday roasts in the bar area and contemporary tasting menus in the cellar dining room. They have a growing reputation for embracing the unusual, and regularly feature dishes on the menu like squirrel and pickled periwinkles.
The Rummer Hotel is fiercely independent, with a passion for quality, and a love of local produce.
Their cocktail bar boasts the best and largest spirit collection in the region and their cocktail bartenders are ranked among the best in the country. They have been at the vanguard of Bristol’s cocktail scene, and continue to innovate and impress the cocktails crowd in the city. The stack of awards and accolades over the years, is a testament to the hard work and creativeness of their team.
They also cater for weddings, functions, meeting and events in a bespoke fashion, making for a perfect event every time.
- Dog friendly
- In town/city centre - Centre of St Nicholas Market
- Unique venue - Bristol's oldest coaching inn
- Guide dogs permitted
- Menus available in large print format
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Available for wedding receptions
- Groups accepted
- Open all year
- Private rooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good60
- EddiebechTrip Type:FamilyDisappointedSunday, 26th March 2017Went here for Mother's Day Sunday lunch.We came on time as we booked a table, lovely warm welcome sat at a nice table every thing was going good we ordered 2 lamb 1 beef an 1 pork, when it arrived it... Read full review
- BmthBertieTrip Type:Friends getawayOk food, Good time service.Sunday, 12th March 2017Visited The Rummer to experience the Sunday roast,which was ok, I had lamb which was tasty, the Yorkshire puddings were slightly burnt as were the roasties, the veg was good,however the waiter walked... Read full review
- Hope PTrip Type:CouplesExtremely UnderwhelmingSunday, 26th February 2017We came for valentine's day and tried out the gin taster menu... I was really disappointed with the food to be honest. I have tried taster menus before, so I'm aware the portions aren't... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 4243
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Monday - Thursday 10am -12am
Friday 10am - 1am
Saturday 11am - 1am
Sunday 12pm - 10.30pm