About'The Welly' is a large, detached, traditional red-brick pub at the top of Bristol's vibrant Gloucester Road. It's a much-loved pub that's well known for providing a warm welcome and great service. Part of local brewery Bath Ales' pub estate, it offers high quality food and drink in a lively setting.
Featuring an enviable range of beers (available in jugs as well as glasses), a wide ranging menu, a new conservatory, plenty of space to the rear of the pub for al fresco drinking, and a children's play area, The Wellington continues to be a popular destination for friends and families alike.
Moments away from Bristol's Memorial Stadium, home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers, and the County Ground, the venue for Gloucestershire County Cricket, The Wellington is a popular pub for both locals, and visitors to the city. The large site also offers boutique-style B & B accommodation, so it's an ideal place to stay whether you're in Bristol on business or here for a rugby, football or cricket fixture.
- In town/city centre
Children & Infants
- Children's play area
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good36
- alasdairpaxtonBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood localSaturday, 22nd April 2017My local pub. Food is good, staff are great, the Fish Fingers from the bar menu are our favourite! Burger has been hit and miss in the past but the beer selection is fantastic. Highly recommend! Read full review
- bbswordsBristol, United KingdomWhere to roastTuesday, 11th April 2017This is the pub to go to on a Sunday!! The roast is amaaaazing!! I'm a vegetarian and sometimes the veggie option can seem very much not a roast, but here they get a big tick! The front of the pub... Read full review
- CAT2312London, United KingdomGreat Food and Lovely VenueMonday, 20th March 2017Really good and varied freashly cooked food enjoyed by six of us on Saturday, great selection of drinks and staff very friendly. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 951 3022
|Date (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Food served: Breakfast (every day 8am to 11pm)
Main Menu (Mon-Sat midday to 10pm Sun midday to 8pm)