About'The Welly' is a large, detached, traditional red-brick pub at the top of Bristol's vibrant Gloucester Road. It's a much-loved pub that's well known for providing a warm welcome and great service. Part of local brewery Bath Ales' pub estate, it offers high quality food and drink in a lively setting.
Featuring an enviable range of beers (available in jugs as well as glasses), a wide ranging menu, a new conservatory, plenty of space to the rear of the pub for al fresco drinking, and a children's play area, The Wellington continues to be a popular destination for friends and families alike.
Moments away from Bristol's Memorial Stadium, home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers, and the County Ground, the venue for Gloucestershire County Cricket, The Wellington is a popular pub for both locals, and visitors to the city. The large site also offers boutique-style B & B accommodation, so it's an ideal place to stay whether you're in Bristol on business or here for a rugby, football or cricket fixture.
- In town/city centre
Children & Infants
- Children's play area
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open all year
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good35
- CAT2312London, United KingdomGreat Food and Lovely VenueMonday, 20th March 2017Really good and varied freashly cooked food enjoyed by six of us on Saturday, great selection of drinks and staff very friendly. Read full review
- JCP1991Trip Type:FamilyGood Sunday LunchSunday, 12th March 2017Have drank in the Wellington several times and ate here for Sunday lunch recently. I opted for the Pork Belly; my partner went for the Lamb. Decent portion sizes, good beer and wine. The roast was... Read full review
- Jeff ESheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPre match meal drinksFriday, 17th February 2017Good venue for evening match at Bristol Rovers Get there early for easy parking on nearby streets.good atmosphere for both fans. Food let them down a bit had fish and chips which were a bit overdone... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 951 3022
|Date (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Food served: Breakfast (every day 8am to 11pm)
Main Menu (Mon-Sat midday to 10pm Sun midday to 8pm)