Bowood House and Gardens and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm is now CLOSED for the season and will re-open on 1st April 2017!
Bowood House & Gardens is the home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Bowood offers a fantastic day out in Wiltshire for all the family. Famous for one of the UK’s most extensive Adventure Playgrounds, children are guaranteed the time of their lives. Younger children will enjoy meeting friendly farm animals at Tractor Ted’s Little Farm and undercover fun in the soft play area.
The whole family can relax in 100 acres of beautiful parkland, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown, offering a lake, arboretum, pinetum and cascade. Perfect for walks and exploring. Or, visit Bowood House, which hosts a wealth of unique items from Queen Victoria’s wedding chair to Napoleon’s death mask and an extensive art collection.
During the spring (late April to early June) visit the stunning Woodland Gardens, a woodland oasis offering breath taking vistas of colour covering over 70 acres.
- Childrens Play Area
- Groups Accepted
- In countryside
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Adventure Playground, Tractor Ted’s Little Farm & Soft Play Area
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Plentiful, on site & complimentary
- On-Site café/restaurant - Treehouse Café and The Stables Restaurant
- Free car parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good83
- BrennagChippenham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA great family day outTuesday, 14th March 2017We frequent Bowood house and gardens quite often, it is close to home, offers something for everyone and brings back great childhood memories. Unfortunately it is only open during the warmer months... Read full review
- Sue HSwindonTrip Type:Friends getawayVery expensive Christmas fairMonday, 5th December 2016Very expensive to get in - although for charity, stalls very commercial, not very christmas themed Exit from park not very well signed, we got chased by game keeper for taking our usual route out Read full review
- julia tRoss-on-Wye, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCHRISTMAS EXTRAVAGANZAMonday, 28th November 2016Went there on Thursday 24th November for the Christmas Extravaganza luckily we were the only coach there, the stalls were crammed into a small area with no room to move, didn't even see a lot of them... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0) 1249 812102
|Open (1 Apr 2017 - 1 Nov 2017)|
* Open daily between 11am and 6pm from April to November.
Last Admissions 5pm and Car Park closes at 6pm.
The House and Soft Play Area close at 5.30 pm and the Adventure Playground and Tractor Ted’s Little Farm close at 5.45pm. The Treehouse café closes at 6.00pm. After the Autumn clock change, all closing times are brought forward one hour.
The Woodland Gardens are open daily between 11am and 6pm from late April to mid June, according to the flowering season.