With Bristol Balloons, you're unlikely to get a better perspective of the Clifton Suspension Bridge than when taking off from Ashton Court Mansion and floating gently away to reveal a panoramic view of the bridge spanning the beautiful Avon Gorge.
When the balloon rides head out over the Bristol Harbourside, you can think back on Brunel's fifteen year contribution to Bristol's historic waterways, which included the introduction of a new dredging and sluicing system, an enlarged and improved entrance lock, a tubular wrought iron footbridge and the engine house for the Black Rock water pumping station.
Most notable, and as the largest and most powerful ship of her time you're unlikely to miss her, is Brunel's ss Great Britain, now restored in her Harbourside dock in Bristol. Brunel's pioneering steamship was the forerunner of modern passenger liners and made regular voyages around the world to Australia and the USA.
Then, if the wind is with you, your ride with Bristol Balloons will take you over the top of Bristol Temple Meads railway station, which was (you guessed it) built by Brunel as the passenger terminal for his Paddington to Bristol Great Western Railway… or if not, you may experience some animal magic, peeping down from above over the exotic inhabitants of Bristol Zoo.
A flight from Bristol may also give you a spectacular view of two other famous West bridges, the Severn Bridge and the Severn Crossing. You can do all of this with Bristol Balloons.
Corporate Group Balloon Flights
Bristol Balloons can cater for small or large corporate groups. Our fleet of 4 balloons offers a range of option with one for 2, 3 or 4 passengers, one that takes up to 12 and 2 that take up to 15. If the location is suitable and there is enough space, we can sometimes fly from private property to make your flight even more special !
Contact our office for more info on 0117 9471030.
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- beeta8Singapore, SingaporeTrip Type:CouplesTop of the world - Amazing flight, dedicated crew and excellent service from Bristol Balloons!Friday, 16th December 2016I planned a proposal in a hot air balloon in the dead of England's winter - a tall and difficult task. I approached Nic (the boss of Bristol Balloons) and he agreed to help me. With ballooning... Read full review
- Kateřina DTrip Type:Solo travelAbsolutely disasterTuesday, 15th November 2016I booked a flight for a Ballon Fiesta 2016 for a price 199£ per person, we was 2 flying, me and my mum. Due to weather we did not take off, they said that we cant fly on a Ballon Fiesta event, so... Read full review
- Graham WTrip Type:CouplesFloating in silence above the sunlit English countryside on a perfect Friday afternoon.Friday, 21st October 2016A great group experience, helping with the preparation and packing, friendly and experienced crew and the pilot Steve dispelled any lingering nervousness with his matter of fact briefing. My... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 947 1030
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|