Step aboard the distinctive red open top buses, and enjoy the sights and sounds of this wonderful city from a different perspective.
Local guides provide a unique tour with informed, personal and interactive commentary. Travel around the Harbourside & stop at Brunel’s famous transatlantic liner, Brunel's SS Great Britain. Carry on out along the dramatic Avon Gorge and beneath the impressive Clifton Suspension Bridge; another iconic Brunel masterpiece. Climb up out of the Gorge & emerge onto the expansive Downs which offer panoramic views of the Avon Gorge.
You can also enjoy a variety of shopping experiences: elegant Clifton Village; eclectic Park Street; and the bustling Bristol Shopping Quarter (which includes Cabot Circus) with its high-end department stores and St. Nicholas Market with its independent stalls.
You also have the opportunity to hop off the bus and experience over 20 *of Bristol’s best attractions including: Brunel's ss Great Britain, Bristol Zoo Gardens, At Bristol Science Centreand the Bristol Aquarium (* as rated on Trip Advisor).
The Explorer ticket allows you to enjoy the full 1 hour and 15 minute tour, or alternatively you can hop off the bus at any one of the 20 stops around the city and explore Bristol a little further. The guides are happy to give any assistance on further places to visit. Or do both! The Explorer ticket is valid for 2 days so you can make the most of your visit to Bristol.
There is a Family ticket available as the tour is suitable for all ages. They also offer free children’s packs on the bus with pens, competitions and prizes inside.
They offer a Bus/Boat Combo ticket, again valid for 2 days, which allows you to explore Bristol by water as well as open top bus.
For larger groups private tours are also available. Choose the ‘Original Bristol’ guided tour or the ‘Cream Tea tour’, which includes a stop at the Avon Gorge hotel with views of the Clifton Suspension Bridge and gorge. All trips can be tailor-made to suit your requirements. Covered and classic buses are also available for private hire, on request.
Discounts are given for all tickets purchased online.
Please find their new stop in Explore Lane, by the side of At-Bristol, behind Planetarium in Millenium Square.
- Groups Accepted
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Euros accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Dogs Accepted
- Bristol Insight Video
Map & Directions
Explorer Bus Ticket: 1 Day Ticket - with second consecutive day FREE
Adult £15.00 per ticket, Student / OAP £13.00 per ticket, Child 5-15years £8.00 per ticket (under 5's go free)
Bus/Boat Combo – 1 Day Ticket - with second consecutive day FREE
Adult / Senior £20.00 per ticket, Child 5-15years £8.00 per ticket (under 5's go free)
Note: prices are subject to change
Available to buy online at: www.bristolinsight.co.uk
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good78
- Janet FBracknell, England, United KingdomExcellent way to see the sights of BristolSaturday, 4th February 2017Enjoyed our open top bus trip even though it was a bit cold The tour was interesting and as I am deaf was lovely to be able to read about the points of interest from the leaflet that was given to me... Read full review
- ANDY KWEST YORKSSuperb bus tourFriday, 3rd February 2017We tend to undertake a bus tour whenever we visit a new place and we have to say this was one of the best we have ever undertaken. The tour guide, Dom , was superb however his colleagues who we had... Read full review
- Les HLlawhaden, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWallace & gromitMonday, 5th December 2016Went on the open top bus tour with Maggie the driver and Dom as tour guide. Fantastic 75min tour with loads of historical information that opened our eyes to Bristols history. Dom was a gem and if... Read full review
behind the silver Planetarium on Millennium Square,
Tel: +44 (0)117 971 9279
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
- South West Tourism South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2014-2015 - Gold 2015
|Open (4 Feb 2017 - 24 Dec 2017)|