A visit to Bristol Zoo Gardens is an adventure into an exciting animal kingdom, all set within 12 acres of beautiful award-winning gardens. Visitors will come face-to-face with over 400 species of exotic, endangered and adorable animals from the four corners of the globe.
With nine under cover animal houses, Bristol Zoo is a wonderful, all weather family attraction. Visitors can see the amazing gorillas family in the new and unique 180 degree view gorilla house, stroll through the tropical Butterfly Forest or become immersed in the impressive Seal and Penguin Coast. Some other Zoo favourites include Monkey Jungle, Reptile house, Asiatic lions, Bug World, Twilight World, Meerkat Lookout and the Aquarium.
Don’t forget to visit Splash, a water-play area with streams, dams and the chance to get your toes wet. Nearby, you can feed nectar to colourful lorikeets (small charge applies).
More adventurous visitors can have a go on the aerial ropes course, ZooRopia, and swing alongside some of the Zoo’s most popular animals – gibbons and gorillas – before flying down the zip wire (restrictions and charges apply).
If that’s not enough why not take in one of the daily animal shows, feeds and talks?
Tags: Bristol Zoo, Bristol Zoo Gardens
- Gift Shop
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Groups Accepted - min group size 10 people
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The zoo has a car park with parking chaged at £3
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
- Wedding Venue
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Child Goes Free... last one to the Zoo is a gorilla poo!
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good868
- Theo PTrip Type:FamilyDecent zoo for the price. Don't expect too much!Friday, 24th March 2017Book online before you go, it is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper (and you skip the queues!!). In fact the price on the door I feel is a little steep, but the online price of £10 per adult is about right... Read full review
- Sue STrip Type:FamilyNot just about the big catsFriday, 24th March 2017Bristol Zoo is compact and beautifully landscaped. The penguin house is amazing, I love standing underneath them as they swim around. The Zoo is proactive in conservation, so the displays around the... Read full review
- jude fBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBristol ZooTuesday, 21st March 2017A great place to introduce children to the animal kingdom. Plenty of interactive activities for all the family. A good play area for the children. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 974 7300
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2009
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open every day except Christmas Day
Opening Times - British Summer Time 9am - 5.30pm. Standard hours 9am - 5pm.