A visit to Bristol Zoo Gardens is an adventure into an exciting animal kingdom, all set within 12 acres of beautiful award-winning gardens. Visitors will come face-to-face with over 400 species of exotic, endangered and adorable animals from the four corners of the globe.
With nine under cover animal houses, Bristol Zoo is a wonderful, all weather family attraction. Visitors can see the amazing gorillas family in the new and unique 180 degree view gorilla house, stroll through the tropical Butterfly Forest or become immersed in the impressive Seal and Penguin Coast. Some other Zoo favourites include Monkey Jungle, Reptile house, Asiatic lions, Bug World, Twilight World, Meerkat Lookout and the Aquarium.
This summer, kids go free to the Zoo with a full paying adult! Valid 23rd July - 4th September, visit the Bristol Zoo website to download the voucher or keep an eye out for one the Bristol Zoo leaflet around the city.
Don’t forget to visit Splash, a water-play area with streams, dams and the chance to get your toes wet. Nearby, you can feed nectar to colourful lorikeets (small charge applies).
More adventurous visitors can have a go on the aerial ropes course, ZooRopia, and swing alongside some of the Zoo’s most popular animals – gibbons and gorillas – before flying down the zip wire (restrictions and charges apply).
If that’s not enough why not take in one of the daily animal shows, feeds and talks?
Gardener for the Day Experience
Experience a unique opportunity to learn from our experts, ask any questions you may have and apply your newly found knowledge at home! Join them for a special one-on-one, full days gardening experience with a member of their award winning gardening team - the perfect adventure for any horticulture enthusiast!
Your behind the scenes experience will begin around 8:30am, where you will be kitted out with your very own souvenir gardening T-shirt and explore the gardens of the Zoo before they open to the public. Embark on the morning gardening rounds and visit some of their amazing animals as they wake up.
Bristol Zoo Gardens are the proud winners of a vast number of respected horticultural awards and this is your chance to truly get involved. Share knowledge and experience with one of their highly trained gardeners, whilst gaining an extra special insight as to how we keep our gardens at a beautifully high standard and gain top-tips for how you can replicate this once back at home.
For only £150 per person the Gardener for the Day experience takes place on Tuesdays and Fridays from 8.30am – 4.00pm.
You will also be provided with a £10 lunch voucher that is redeemable at their Coral Café.
To book, call the bookings team on 0117 9747 328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tags: Bristol Zoo, Bristol Zoo Gardens
- Gift Shop
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Groups Accepted - min group size 10 people
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The zoo has a car park with parking chaged at £3
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
- Wedding Venue
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Child Goes Free... last one to the Zoo is a gorilla poo!
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good832
- Heidi STrip Type:Friends getawayLoads to do here, Staff are very friendlyFriday, 2nd December 2016I am an annual member here and have been for a number of years I love coming here because I can get fake tattoos, feed the lorikeets, talk to the staff and do the animal encounters which u can... Read full review
- Sn0wy111Leicester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely day outThursday, 1st December 2016Fab day out. Pre-booked online, so we fast tracked in. An excellent map to navigate us around. Price per person was also very reasonable. Read full review
- Amanda HTrip Type:Friends getawaygood zoo, always something to seeTuesday, 29th November 2016We are members of the zoo so attend quite a lot. Its nice to see the focus on smaller animals and conservation. The down side is that it can be very crowded at weekends and holidays. Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 974 7300
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2009
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
|Open (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Open every day except Christmas Day
Opening Times - British Summer Time 9am - 5.30pm. Standard hours 9am - 5pm.