A visit to Bristol Zoo Gardens is an adventure into an exciting animal kingdom, all set within 12 acres of beautiful award-winning gardens. Visitors will come face-to-face with over 400 species of exotic, endangered and adorable animals from the four corners of the globe.
With nine under cover animal houses, Bristol Zoo is a wonderful, all weather family attraction. Visitors can see the amazing gorillas family in the new and unique 180 degree view gorilla house, stroll through the tropical Butterfly Forest or become immersed in the impressive Seal and Penguin Coast. Some other Zoo favourites include Monkey Jungle, Reptile house, Asiatic lions, Bug World, Twilight World, Meerkat Lookout and the Aquarium.
Plus, this summer thirteen huge and incredibly life-like animatronic Big Bugs will make the Zoo their home, bringing bug-tastic larger than life fun and excitement to all. This unique exhibition, available free with Zoo admission, will offer budding Bug Rangers, old and young, the chance to get up-close to amazing, moving, hissing, and even water-spraying bugs.
Don’t forget to visit Splash, a water-play area with streams, dams and the chance to get your toes wet. Nearby, you can feed nectar to colourful lorikeets (small charge applies).
More adventurous visitors can have a go on the aerial ropes course, ZooRopia, and swing alongside some of the Zoo’s most popular animals – gibbons and gorillas – before flying down the zip wire (restrictions and charges apply).
If that’s not enough why not take in one of the daily animal shows, feeds and talks?
Tags: Bristol Zoo, Bristol Zoo Gardens
- Gift Shop
- Childrens Play Area
- No Dogs
- Groups Accepted - min group size 10 people
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction
- Smoking Some Areas
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - 8 / 9 bus and City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tour
- Parking (charge) - The zoo has a car park with parking chaged at £3
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups - Please contact the Zoo for details
- Coach drop-off point
- Conference facilities
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Open all year
- Picnic Area
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Watch the video. Click the arrow to begin
Map & Directions
Tel: +44 (0)117 974 7300
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2009
- Visit England Code of Practice 2012
|Open All Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Open every day except Christmas Day
Opening Times - British Summer Time 9am - 5.30pm. Standard hours 9am - 5pm.