Cattle Country in Berkeley, Gloucestershire is a great day out come rain or shine for children and adults too. Best known for its indoor and outdoor play equipment, Cattle Country has a whole range of things to do and many animals to see.
Two huge barns house giant slides and loads of soft play equipment. Outdoor activities include two jumping pillows, the climbing net, a huge adventure castle, trampolines, ride on mini tractors, a willow maze, mini golf, tractor rides a boating lake to name just a few.
The Animal Experience Centre houses various farmyard animals, this is where you will be able to get up close to the animals though their seasonal shows and events plus handling of favourites like the guinea pigs or bottle feeding lambs.
Their Farm Trail walk takes you past the, rare breed cattle, red deer, sheep and pigs to name a few.
The retreat café provides full on site catering along with various catering outlets and a gift shop offers a wide range of souvenirs for all ages and pockets.
An ice skating rink is available in the autumn / winter season whenever the park is open and whenever the park is closed to the public, private parties can be booked for exclusive access to Cattle Country.
- Groups Accepted - Please contact Cattle Country for group rates
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Giant Slide Barn with climbing equipment
- Outdoor Attraction - Large adventure park in 185 acres
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - free of charge
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - Private parties and group bookings. Please contact Cattle Country.
- Special group rates
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Watch our film
Map & Directions
Loacted half a mile from the historic town of Berkeley. just off the A38 between Bristol and Gloucester. If you are travelling from the north, exit at junction 13 and travel south on the A38. After approx. 10 miles you will see the B4406 on the right signposted Berkeley at Berkeley Heath Motors. Cattle Country is signposted here. Travel along this road for one mile and Cattle Country is on your right.
From Bristol and the south, exit at junction 14. Turn left as you leave the motorway and then right at the end of the road, following the A38 northbound for around 5 miles. Turn left at Applegates coach yard along Alkington Lane. Cattle Country is signposted here. At the next junction, turn right and Cattle Country is on your left.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good120
- Nicola GTrip Type:FamilyFantasticMonday, 24th April 2017Really lovey day out with the children. Lots of indoor and outdoor fun. Highly recommend!! Great value for money too😊 Read full review
- mummytotwolittleboysWiltshireTrip Type:FamilyGreat place for kids of all agesMonday, 24th April 2017We visited with friends children ranged from 7-11 but there was plenty to do for all ages, my boys loved the death slide it kept them entertained for most of the day, weather was great lots of space... Read full review
- Chris NKids love it, name under sells itSunday, 23rd April 2017Before the first visit I was expecting some animals. But Cattle Country has so much more - things for kids of all ages: big wooden castle with battlements and a tower, swings play grounds, zip line... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1453 810 510
|Open selected dates (12 Feb 2017 - 28 Oct 2017)|
* Please check website for selected days Cattle Country is open.