The Colston Hall is Bristol's largest concert hall, presenting concerts and entertainment by major names in pop and rock music, classical music, stand up comedy and light entertainment, as well as local choirs, orchestras and schools.
In 2009 the Colston Hall reopened following major rennovation which saw a new £20 million foyer added to the hall, creating an imposing and iconic building that befits the many fantastic performers who play here. The foyer holds two café bars and interval bars, a 3rd-floor roof terrace, education facilities, plus disabled access to all floors.
The people of Bristol have been enjoying music at Colston Hall for almost 140 years. In 2012 alone, the Colston Hall hosted music from the likes of the Scissor Sisters, Katie Melua, Jools Holland and Ronan Keeting, comedy from Jimmy Carr, Alan Davies and Joan Rivers, as well as being a key player in many of Bristol's wider events including the Bristol Harbour Festival, Big Green Week and Doors Open Day.
Eating and Drinking
Whether you're seeing a show, doing a spot of shopping, or need some after work entertainment, Colston Hall has a range of options when it comes to eating and drinking.
Colston St. Bar & Kitchen is on the lower ground floor. This is a warm, inviting and stylish haven to meet with friends before a concert. Their food menu is available from 11.30am – 9pm, and boasts a choice of freshly made soups, stews and burgers.
Inspired by craft beer bars in the US, Beerd boasts an ever-changing range of ales that will satisfy both the hops novice and the bona fide beer geek. Hungry concert goers can tuck into freshly made, hand-crafted Neapolitan-style pizzas with a choice of only the finest sourced toppings. For a quick nibble, premium bar snacks are well matched to the global beer on offer.
Colston Hall's stalls and terrace bars open 60 minutes before shows begin and remain open during and after the show. Serving a range of draught and bottled beers, cider, organic wines and spirits and fairtrade tea and coffee in comfortable surroundings. The highlight is the terrace bar with spectacular views across the city.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Special group rates - For classical concerts
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Family Fun
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good102
- Michael CTrip Type:Friends getawayJazz & Blues festivalSunday, 19th March 2017Excellent venue. The Jazz & Blues festival always draws in large crowds but they seem to have enough staff to cover the chaos at the bar. Been here several times for different gigs and have never... Read full review
- Richazd PTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat gig venueSaturday, 18th March 2017Lovely interiors in the concert hall. The sound at the venue is incredible. Reasonably priced drinks and very friendly staff. Read full review
- Philip KTrip Type:CouplesSuperbMonday, 13th March 2017Went to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra perform Heroes & Legends. Was an incredible concert with a real buzz to the atmosphere. Colston Hall is a great venue that just keeps getting better... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 203 4040
- Visit England Tourism for All - Silver 2012
- South West Tourism South West Tourism Access For All 2010/11 - Gold Award 2010
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Please check events listings for performance times.