Nestled in 900 acres of Capabilty Brown landscaped grounds, Longleat is home to the UK’s original Safari Park, one of the best examples of Elizabethan architecture, Longleat House and an abundance of exciting attractions. There is plenty to discover on your visit.
Safari Drive - Through
Immerse yourself amongst Longleat’s incredible animals on a visit to the UK’s original Safari Park. With six and a half miles of Drive-Through experience there’s plenty to look out for.
Start your Safari at the African Village where you can get up close to our graceful giraffe, take a walk amongst our adorable lemurs or seek out the fascinating wallabies before setting off on your exhilarating Drive - Through expedition. Dare to face our cheeky monkeys in the Monkey Drive-Through, survey the African Plains and look out for the mighty rhino, camel and oryx before entering the Big Cats where you’ll meet our powerful tigers, majestic lions and nimble cheetahs.
With over forty different species, take your time… there’s a lot to see.
Jump on board the Jungle Express for an exciting ride through the park and take a trip on the Jungle Cruise boat, where you’ll experience the thrill of our sea lions as they swim alongside you, plus an unmissable opportunity to see our magnificent gorillas. Meet our playful meerkats in Jungle Kingdom as they scamper around your feet and hand feed our gorgeous lorikeets in Monkey Temple before exploring Penguin Island for an intimate encounter with these remarkable creatures.
Escape into a world of exploration and fun! Let the kids run riot in the incredible Adventure Castle, complete with rope bridges, zip wires, slides and a Medieval keep. Younger adventurers will love discovering our enchanting new play area, Little Explorer’s Garden, with four fun-filled zones, come and play!
Lose yourself in the famous Longleat Hedge Maze and join in the mayhem on our Rockin’ Rhino ride.
Longleat House and Grounds
You’ll be taken aback by the impressive Longleat House, where you can step back through over 450 years of history. Did you know it’s one of the finest Elizabethan stately homes in the country? The family still live in parts of the house, but 15 spectacular rooms are open for public viewing.
Take it all in at your own pace or join a guided tour through the Great Hall, Red Library, State Dining Room and Saloon. As you explore, be sure to seek out and admire the fantastic collection of artworks, paintings, tapestries and furniture that have been collected over generations.
This year, the iconic Wiltshire estate will feature giant animatronic critters, allowing guests to experience their bizarre and intriguing beauty up close.
Amongst back garden frequenters such as bees, ladybirds and a selection of British butterflies, visitors will be able to come face to face with more exotic and unusual creatures such as the orchid mantis, the Madagascan fire millipede and the spine-tingling whip scorpion.
Alongside the immersive trail of creepy crawlies, Longleat will be unveiling new and exciting exhibitions with a strong focus on conservation; offering interactive workshops to reveal the importance of bug populations and demonstrating real opportunities to encourage a thriving insect environment locally.
Longleat hosts many special events throughout the year. Make sure you don’t one miss the Halloween Festival and the hot air balloon extravaganza, Sky Safari, where the magnificent Night Glow takes centre stage. If you’re visiting over the festive period, you’ll be truly enchanted by the returning Festival of Light. The grounds come alive with colour and light as a display of giant Chinese lanterns take up residence across the park.
For full details and to save up to 15%, book online at www.longleat.co.uk
- Groups Accepted
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Special group rates
- Coach drop-off point
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good193
- mrsbrown412Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood and bad..Monday, 24th April 2017Annual ticket holder, As we have been back to Longleat for eight months using the annual pass, The review is for this duration. August 6th 2016 - Our first visit, Traditional African performances... Read full review
- Dillon1967Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGold VIP experienceSunday, 23rd April 2017We had a great day at longleat, firstly taken to feed the tigers which was an absolute privilege, then taken to see all the other big cats in longleat before the park opened, by a very enthusiastic... Read full review
- stacey cLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic day outSunday, 23rd April 2017Great to find a day out for everyone to enjoy. Perfect experience and plenty to do all day. We drove through the monkeys and did lose a windscreen wiper, but that was part of the fun! You can... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1985 844 400
* Please check Longleat website for opening times.