AboutSt Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, you will find a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
Open from 8.30am until 5.00pm, Monday to Saturday, and from 9.00am until 4.00pm on Bank Holidays. Please note that, during certain festivals, the Church is only open for worship.
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site café/restaurant
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good188
- Hazelnut38somersetTrip Type:CouplesTraditional worship in a beautiful historic churchSunday, 22nd January 2017Historically this is my family church but I only visit occasionally but it is good to attend a church which stays with traditional Church of England worship. Read full review
- Ethan EPortsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelHoly churchSaturday, 14th January 2017This church is well worth going for services such as morning and evening prayer and you get a good welcome too. Read full review
- mvoneyeBath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDon't miss the rooftop tour!Saturday, 7th January 2017I visited during the Bristol Open Door Day. I live nearby, but have never been inside - it's a beautiful church! I did the rooftop tour and the bell ringing tour, and both were well worth the trip... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 231 0060
|Open (1 Dec 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Please note that, during certain festivals, the Church is only open for worship.