Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The route is;
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good23
- Carolyne OBath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLoved It and will be back with guests! Surprised how much I didn't know about Bristol!Tuesday, 21st March 2017We (American/Canadian expats) moved to the Bristol area in 2015 with my husband's job and have spent a fair amount of time sightseeing here as well as showing houseguests around the city. When a... Read full review
- Domdavies1987Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesEveryone visiting Bristol should do this tour!!!Saturday, 18th March 2017Just finished a tour with Duncan who has shown us around some fabulous sights in Bristol with humour even battling the elements! Lived in Bristol for 6 months now and seen things for the first time... Read full review
- Thomas GTrip Type:CouplesAs good as it gets!Saturday, 11th March 2017Duncan was fantastic. His knowledge of street art and engaging story telling made for a fun tour. Great memories for this Canadian and Australian! Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.