Combine the fascinating history of Bristol with the city's best street art on this tour which takes in many of the sights and interesting facts.
The walk starts from outside Bristol Cathedral at 11.30am on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The route is;
After discussing the Cathedral and Mayor's Chapel, you'll leave College Green across Park Street past Banksy's Well Hung Lover to Frogmore Street and the Hatchet Pub. You'll then pass Merchant Houses on Orchard Street, Protheroe's Warhouse and the Hippodrome to St. Augustine's Parade describing the covering of the River Frome and the Saxon town walls.
Next you'll head up Clare Street to Leonard Lane and on to Nelson Street to take in the street art. Next taking st. John's Steep to Broad Street and up to the Corn Exchange and St. Nicholas Market.
Down to St. Nicholas Church discussing the old city gate and Castle and to Welsh Back. The Llandoger Trow discussing Robinson Crusoe and Treasure Island to Queens square to discuss the Bristol riots. Next to the John Cabot statue on the Harbourside describing his voyage and the Matthew. Finishing by crossing the floating harbour to the Ostrich Pub.
You can buy tickets from the Tourist Information Centre on the Harbourside.
Or for more information - please visit the website
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good23
- Daniel SLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent tourTuesday, 18th April 2017Excellent 2 hour walking tour around Bristol's old city, including history and street art and Bristol's "alternative life" against the big brother London. You will see Bristol with different eyes... Read full review
- amax95Trip Type:CouplesGreat Tour!!Thursday, 13th April 2017Found this tour very interesting and informative. Learned lots about the history and artistic culture in Bristol. Would definitely recommend anyone to take Duncan's tour, really enjoyable!! Read full review
- sonjabatesStroud, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyReally interestingMonday, 10th April 2017Had a lovely time learning about Bristol with my two children who stayed well behaved for the two hour walk because it was so interesting. You can clearly hear what he's saying and he keeps everyone... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)7909 221 684
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Tours run Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.