Backwell House has re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in July 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
It has been managed by Sam Warrilow since July 2019, with Operations Manager, Emily Green, joining in September 2019. Head Chef, Andy Brooks and his team arrived in the Autumn of 2018 and have successfully raised the bar sky high with the quality of our food offering. Backwell House was awarded AA 2 Rosettes, in addition to AA 5 star Restaurant with Rooms among other accolades. Andy has brought to Backwell House his style of traditional but imaginative cooking with quality locally sourced meats and fish and delicious accompaniments.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good45
- maths_teacherRugbyRugbyTrip Type:FamilyPoor at catering for allergiesSunday, 5th December 2021Despite informing both on booking and 5 days before the afternoon tea that two people had allergies; both allergies had not been taken seriously. Nut allergy person was brought a nut free stand that... Read full review
- robertf376Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRelaxing breakSunday, 12th December 2021We booked an over night stay with dinner and breakfast. On arrival we received a warm welcome, after checking we were taken to our room and left to settle in before dinner. The room was very... Read full review
- amywealeTrip Type:CouplesFive stars from usSunday, 19th December 2021A really lovely hotel. We booked a one night stay to celebrate my Birthday. The staff were very welcoming and our room (Hobbs) was incredible. We went with the dinner, bed and breakfast... Read full review