***Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit.***
Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in September 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
Chef Ross Hunter and his team cook up a storm in the kitchen with a daily changing menu focusing on locally sourced produce with many of the ingredients grown or reared in Backwell House’s own extensive grounds – vegetables and herbs from the Victorian walled garden, eggs from the hotel’s chickens, honey from the beehives and beef from the herd grazing the lush pastures.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good39
- SarahfromSussexEast Grinstead, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGeorgian Gem!Tuesday, 3rd March 2020We stayed here for a couple of nights recently and what a delight it was! The House itself is beautiful; it’s decor is classically elegant but with wonderful quirky contemporary touches. We stayed in... Read full review
- bridgetc289Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom21st birthday partyThursday, 5th March 2020Great experience for our daughter on her birthday and our guests. Staff were attentive to our needs, came up with amazing suggestions for the menu, drinks and decorations. Food was fresh and good... Read full review
- WeasBBristol, United KingdomSuperb evening mealThursday, 19th March 2020We live locally, and have passed this place hundreds of times, but had never had a meal there until our son bought us vouchers. We were so pleased - the dining room was beautifully set up with plenty... Read full review