Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in September 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
Chef Ross Hunter and his team cook up a storm in the kitchen with a daily changing menu focusing on locally sourced produce with many of the ingredients grown or reared in Backwell House’s own extensive grounds – vegetables and herbs from the Victorian walled garden, eggs from the hotel’s chickens, honey from the beehives and beef from the herd grazing the lush pastures.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good34
- John RBristol, United KingdomService needs to improveWednesday, 6th November 2019We had a gift voucher for afternoon tea. The tea itself was very good, but the service left a lot to be desired. Once we had been served we were ignored - and it's not conducive to an afternoon tea... Read full review
- Poppyfluff1Hewish, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySalmon Surprise!Saturday, 16th November 2019We visited here again today, and one of our family members chose the soy and beetroot marinated salmon. When it arrived she was alarmed to find that it was pretty much raw. No mention of this on the... Read full review
- Janssen247Our Backwell wedding!Sunday, 17th November 2019Me and my wife recently got married at Backwell House in North Somerset and could not have been happier! We got engaged and married only within 4 months so everything was somewhat last minute. After... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0) 1275 794502