Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Backwell House is temporarily closed. Visit their website and/or socials for more information.
Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in July 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
It has been managed by Sam Warrilow since July 2019, with Operations Manager, Emily Green, joining in September 2019. Head Chef, Andy Brooks and his team arrived in the Autumn of 2018 and have successfully raised the bar sky high with the quality of our food offering. Backwell House was awarded AA 2 Rosettes, in addition to AA 5 star Restaurant with Rooms among other accolades. Andy has brought to Backwell House his style of traditional but imaginative cooking with quality locally sourced meats and fish and delicious accompaniments.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good42
- Nick DBristol, United KingdomAnother great night at Backwell HouseThursday, 29th October 2020We only live 5 miles from Backwell House but we like to stay overnight occasionally for a treat. The food is always very good, the bar is cosy and well stocked and the staff are lovely. The rooms are... Read full review
- joanie24Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWeddingThursday, 24th December 2020We had my son’s wedding here on the 19th December. What can I say, EXCELLENT, from the start to when we left in the morning. There wasn’t one thing to not like. The food, the staff, the beds were all... Read full review
- leanne99bristol ukIt is very romantic here - I had a perfect stayFriday, 9th April 2021Backwell House I have had time during lockdown to catch up with reviews-I stayed here on a Saturday night in October 2020. Greeting and Check-In When we took a taxi to Backwell House , we were... Read full review