***Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit.***
Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in September 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
Chef Ross Hunter and his team cook up a storm in the kitchen with a daily changing menu focusing on locally sourced produce with many of the ingredients grown or reared in Backwell House’s own extensive grounds – vegetables and herbs from the Victorian walled garden, eggs from the hotel’s chickens, honey from the beehives and beef from the herd grazing the lush pastures.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good39
- U75ZVmichaelfGreat hotel at to stay at to meet friends.Wednesday, 16th September 2020My stay at Backwell House was excellent. The bedroom was large and very comfortable. Nice towels etc. The food in the restaurant was top quality and really good value. The most important feature was... Read full review
- I1285CZmelanielTrip Type:CouplesWeekend AwaySunday, 20th September 2020We had a fabulous night away. Room was lovely and very clean. The bed very comfortable had a lovely nights sleep. The food and drink devine - especially the cocktails. The customer service second to... Read full review
- danlH9737EJClevedon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWeekend visitSunday, 20th September 2020Exceptional service from the moment we arrived. Wonderful environment with staff who were so attentive. The food was incredible and the room was beautifully presented. Cannot recommend highly enough... Read full review