Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in September 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
Chef Ross Hunter and his team cook up a storm in the kitchen with a daily changing menu focusing on locally sourced produce with many of the ingredients grown or reared in Backwell House’s own extensive grounds – vegetables and herbs from the Victorian walled garden, eggs from the hotel’s chickens, honey from the beehives and beef from the herd grazing the lush pastures.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good29
- arianne2802York, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful Sunday LunchSunday, 3rd March 2019Me and my partner had a wonderful 3-course Sunday lunch here, The food was absolutely fantastic and service was very quick, the waitstaff were also very welcoming and friendly, Have to say that £30... Read full review
- Bopeep1947Dartmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWish We had stayed!Monday, 4th March 2019What a beautiful house, just loved it though some of the decor isn’t quite as sympathetic as it could be e.g. industrial lighting in a Georgian dining room?? Nevertheless we wish we had stayed here... Read full review
- healeyBristolBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic lunch!Wednesday, 13th March 2019Two of us had lunch here on Monday- our first visit. Really impressed! Easy to par, lovely house and quality food at £20 for a three course lunch! Absolutely recommend- i will definitely be going... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0) 1275 794502