Backwell House has re-opened, subject to Government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in July 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
It has been managed by Sam Warrilow since July 2019, with Operations Manager, Emily Green, joining in September 2019. Head Chef, Andy Brooks and his team arrived in the Autumn of 2018 and have successfully raised the bar sky high with the quality of our food offering. Backwell House was awarded AA 2 Rosettes, in addition to AA 5 star Restaurant with Rooms among other accolades. Andy has brought to Backwell House his style of traditional but imaginative cooking with quality locally sourced meats and fish and delicious accompaniments.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good45
- Gillian MPatchway, United KingdomSunday Lunch excelentSunday, 29th August 2021Went for Sunday lunch a return after the long lock down, still the same quality and excellent service, plenty of food and value for money, staff were great, if you visit during the summer take a walk... Read full review
- Comments-JBBSome Things could be improvedSunday, 29th August 2021The position of the hotel is lovely. The rose garden is impressive. The staff is without exception helpful and polite. I was very impressed with the service given. Our room (Hobbs) was clean and... Read full review
- Paul WBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMy Birthday TreatSaturday, 25th September 2021A wonderful evening, this place has lots of potential and is so close to being something a bit special. A few tweaks needed, but my wife and I will be back again nevertheless. If you are coming to... Read full review