Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in September 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
Chef Ross Hunter and his team cook up a storm in the kitchen with a daily changing menu focusing on locally sourced produce with many of the ingredients grown or reared in Backwell House’s own extensive grounds – vegetables and herbs from the Victorian walled garden, eggs from the hotel’s chickens, honey from the beehives and beef from the herd grazing the lush pastures.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good32
- jlandrlBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat visitSunday, 1st September 2019Had a very pleasant family visit to Backwell House for a belated celebratory dinner for our Grandson. The service and food was first class. Had also booked a room and again all to a good standard... Read full review
- debralouise2015Bristol, United KingdomA fantastic celebration lunch for a big gathering in the most amazing location expertly planned by wonderful staffTuesday, 3rd September 2019We have just held our sons 21st birthday celebration lunch at Backwell House. Advanced planning for 46 people was required and the entire event was expertly managed by Emily at Backwell House. Emily... Read full review
- BartonsBristolUKBath, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDisappointingThursday, 12th September 2019We are very disappointed in the service we received from Backwell House, Emma in particular. We made a booking on Monday 9 September for a booking for my Mother-in-Laws 80th birthday party... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0) 1275 794502