Backwell House is a beautifully revamped Georgian country house just six miles South West of Bristol, which opened in September 2016. From its mellow stone portico, you'll see only rolling hills, yet the bright lights of the energetic city are a mere 15-minute drive away. Inside the house are nine double ensuite bedrooms, each stylishly and uniquely decorated with antique finds, reclaimed timbers, local artworks and reconditioned vintage bathtubs.
Chef Ross Hunter and his team cook up a storm in the kitchen with a daily changing menu focusing on locally sourced produce with many of the ingredients grown or reared in Backwell House’s own extensive grounds – vegetables and herbs from the Victorian walled garden, eggs from the hotel’s chickens, honey from the beehives and beef from the herd grazing the lush pastures.
The quintessentially English house, built in 1817, is independently owned and run and it feels rather like you’re staying in a friend’s very chic country pad. With oodles of Georgian charm, updated for the 21st century guest, it's the ideal countryside escape for a romantic getaway or an extravagant private party.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good39
- N264QVcharlottecBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessThe Most Amazing Hotel run by the Most Amazing StaffSunday, 12th January 2020I stayed in Backwell House on three occasions whilst working at the Bottleyard Studios just 20 mins away. I was so lucky to find this hotel and I was so well looked after. Nothing was too much... Read full review
- MarkH435Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessLovely meal and house shame about the serviceMonday, 13th January 2020We had a lunch for 8 last week, the food was good and the menu interesting. Lamb cooked to perfection. However what let the whole experience down was the lack of service. No one greeted us took coats... Read full review
- ceperry57Nailsea, United KingdomExcellent MealSunday, 19th January 2020A group of 8 of us went here for Sunday Lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was top quality and drinks were not overly expensive. The staff were excellent and we weren't rushed to finish the meal... Read full review