Situated in the quiet rural village of Pucklechurch, Fern Cottage is an award-winning bed and breakfast run by its passionate proprietors, Sue and Pete.
Fern Cottage is a restful retreat for those wishing for a weekend away from it all. Set within a conservation area and surrounded by beautiful countryside, Fern Cottage nestles within a two acre smallholding with the added benefit of being just 15 minutes from the centres of both Bristol and Bath.
For those enjoying a leisurely break, Fern Cottage is in an ideal base from which to explore Bristol, Bath, Lacock, Castle Combe, Tyntesfield, Dyrham Park, Longleat Stonehenge, Cheddar and the Cotswolds.
About Fern Cottage
Fern Cottage offers complimentary parking to all guests. There are four double en-suite rooms (two with king size beds) enjoying panoramic countryside views and located at ground floor level. This beautiful accommodation reflects the high standard of quality, attention to detail and offers affordable luxury which is complemented by excellent food and service. Guests arriving at 4pm are offered a complimentary home-made cream tea on arrival.
Good food is a passion at Fern Cottage, and guests can enjoy an exceptional quality breakfast, using local, home grown, home-made and organic produce. The Fern Cottage breakfast menu was complimented on by top Chefs Gary Rhodes and Michael Caines on the UKTV programme Local Food Heroes, on which proprietor Sue was among the five finalists for the whole of the South West - watch the video of Sue cooking on the show. Fern Cottage has proudly received over 20 awards for its food, service and hospitality.
Stay at Fern Cottage and you can also take advantage of a 10% discount for a two-hour session at Thermae Bath Spa.
Fern cottage also have an electric pod point situated by their stable block for guests to use to re-charge their electric cars. It’s available for all guests.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bergamot Room Double Occupancy||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Camomile Room Double Occupancy||£83.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Lavender Room Double Occupancy||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Rosemary Room Double Occupancy||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Watch Sue cooking with Michael Caines
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Access to golf course
- Cycle hire
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- Cynthia ELeicestershireTrip Type:CouplesA lovely findWednesday, 8th August 2018From the moment I spoke to sue to make a booking I knew I would like fern cottage and I was not disappointed on meeting sue such a pleasant lady the room was lovely everything catered for then came... Read full review
- WilliamsAbergavennyAbergavennyTrip Type:Friends getawayPerfect Bed and BreakfastTuesday, 29th May 2018Myself and a friend have just returned from a two night stay at Fern Cottage. It is in the perfect location for visiting both Bath and Bristol as well as enjoying the local countryside. Sue and... Read full review
- speerbuzBrisbane, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesLovely place to staySunday, 20th May 2018This is a great location for those who do not want to be in the city. Sue and Pete were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast food choice was excellent. We can agree with a previous reviewer... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 937 4966
- 4 Visit England Stars Farmhouse
- Visit England Gold 2016
- Visit England Bed & Breakfast of the Year - Gold 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Bristol Hospitality Awards 2010 - B&B of the Year 2010
- South West Tourism Bed & Breakfast/Guest Accommodation of the Year 2010/11 - Finalist 2011
- Visit England Enjoy England Award for Excellence 2013 2013
- Visit England EnjoyEngland Breakfast Award 2016