Comfortable group accommodation is available for up to 45 people.The accommodation is surrounded by 250 acres of stunning wildflower meadows and ancient woodlands and boasts views of the Chew Valley, across to Chew Valley Lake. Located just 10 miles from Bristol and Bath, the area is awash with things to see and do, from city sightseeing in Bristol, Bath and Wells, to walking in the Mendips and eating in fantastic country pubs!
The accommodation comprises of 10 bedrooms in an 18th century farmhouse and 10 self-contained studios, housed in converted 18th-century stone buildings and former cow sheds. The accommodation is ideal for group accommodation, whether it is a family get together or a relaxed stag or hen group. You can choose to self-cater in the farmhouse’s professional kitchen, or the Folly Farm team can arrange seasonal, delicious catering.
Folly Farm Centre is owned by Avon Wildlife Trust, the largest local wildlife charity working to protect wildlife and inspire people about nature. All profits from your stay are gift-aided back to the Trust. It also means that your group have access to 250 acres of fantastic walking routes, including a trail through the ancient woodland that is suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
Awarded a Gold Green Tourism award, both the farmhouse and studio accommodation are sustainable, boasting numerous eco-features including: bio-mass heating; electric powered by renewable energy and a reed bed sewage system.
Folly Farm also offers conference hire, weddings and education visits. For more information, please contact 01275 331590.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Converted cow sheds||£500.00 per unit per night|
|Farmhouse||£1,000.00 per unit per night|
*Due to exclusive wedding use, group accommodation is available midweek all year round, and on weekends from November-March
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
Room / Unit Features
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Alan UBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic wedding venueWednesday, 1st August 2018We got married at Folly Farm and it was a wonderful experience. Tony, Andrea, Clare and the rest of the team were so helpful and friendly. In the planning stages they were always available to answer... Read full review
- Amanda BTrip Type:BusinessIdyllic settingWednesday, 25th July 2018I booked Folly farm for a volunteer networking event. The room and facilities we used were perfect. The lunch was delicious too. What idyllic setting. In the afternoon we went for a beautiful walk in... Read full review
- katejacobBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWonderful wedding venueMonday, 16th July 2018My husband and I got married here just over three weeks ago. The venue is idyllic, with its spectacular setting and view overlooking Chew Valley lake and the Mendips. There were a number of reasons... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 331 590
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Gold) 2018
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme (Silver) 2011
- Green Awards Fairtrade Business Awards 2015 Gold Award 2015