You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good47
- BobbyboysaboutTruro, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDevils in the detailSaturday, 8th February 2020let’s get practical and to the point. I wish trip advisor kept the individual review options where businesses can see where they perform well and not so well, rather than everything lumped into the... Read full review
- Dr_Marc_BCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect nights stayFriday, 21st February 2020Perfect stay. Beautiful building, excellent room with a spacious bathroom. I appreciated the provision of bubble bath so it could be properly enjoyed. Excellent nights sleep. Great restaurant... Read full review
- Besh9Sutton Coldfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyOutstanding Attitude and Customer ServiceSaturday, 21st March 2020I booked a one night stay at Number 38 Clifton in January via Hotels.com which unfortunately we had to cancel because of Coronavirus. We paid in advance and Hotels.com were not interested in helping... Read full review