You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good47
- EveM399Edinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelLovely B n BSaturday, 25th May 2019I was expecting a rather grander house but it was lovely nonetheless and beautifully put together. Very muted and tasteful and calming tones. I had a room downstairs, which with a suitcase could be a... Read full review
- TravelQueen2Bucks County, PennsylvaniaTrip Type:CouplesQuiet StayThursday, 4th July 2019We booked 2 rooms and chose the least expensive ones which were located 2 floors below reception. Rooms were tiny but worked. Lovely view out the back. Parking very limited in this area but we were... Read full review
- KatB612Trip Type:CouplesCosy luxury with heavenly bath and gourmet breakfast!Monday, 8th July 2019Number 38 is right opposite the Downs, a few doors down from Kinkajou cocktail bar. Our cosy room was beautifully decorated and luxurious touches such as the crystal glasses and soft-baked cookies in... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905