You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good45
- LisaAberdareAberdareSuch a lovely hotel!Wednesday, 22nd May 2019We stayed for two nights last weekend at Number Thirty Eight, as we were attending a wedding at Bristol Zoo. This is a special little find and I can't rate it highly enough. We were booked into... Read full review
- 2202portisheadTrip Type:CouplesGreat views of the city, elegant b+bWednesday, 22nd May 2019We were having a night away in Bristol and wanted to stay somewhere a bit different. This is a lovely b+b in a great spot. They provided parking permits and able to park right outside which was... Read full review
- Christine MTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful relaxing place to stayThursday, 23rd May 2019The hotel stay was part of a Christmas present from my daughter --- we were visiting the Lido the first evening and then attending Rod Stewart at the Bristol City Stadium. Our welcome to reception... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905