You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good43
- Sally HTrip Type:Solo travelNot worth the moneySaturday, 15th December 2018After trying to book online at £115.00 per night, I was told the only room with a bath available was £230 - reluctantly I agreed thinking it would be amazing! The view was and the bed comfortable... Read full review
- dbots44Worcester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMr MaynardSunday, 30th December 2018Well this place is totally fantastic. A real gem off a hotel. Relaxed with a classy edge. Perfectly positioned to explore the fabulous Bristol. The Zoo, bridge,dock,markets and the downs. All on its... Read full review
- tracey12121212Amersham, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessPerfectThursday, 10th January 2019I love the feel of Number 38. Its smart, elegant and very comfortable. Little touches are everywhere, nice toiletries, complimentary water, lovely basket of teas and giant cookies! The team at Number... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905