You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good42
- John PSwansea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThe bridge where affordability meets luxury.Tuesday, 14th August 2018We stayed at this hotel as a gift from our daughter and son - to enjoy the hot air balloon annual event. This stay was likewise memorable for its sumptuously chic bedroom number one, top floor. The... Read full review
- Geraldine BCharged twiceMonday, 6th August 2018We were at a wedding in Bristol so booked to stay one night. Had a lovely stay until we went to check out. Was given the bill for the full nights stay. Explained that I thought I had already paid via... Read full review
- LapwingsPreston, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery comfortableMonday, 6th August 2018Having stayed here before, we knew we wouldn't be disappointed. We were absolutely right. The superior room at the back of the hotel was perfect for this weather, as it didn't get the sun in the... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905