You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good51
- garpowWalesTrip Type:CouplesAmazing night awayFriday, 22nd April 2022We stayed at Number 38 for one night in room 4 and loved every second. The staff are really helpful and the hotel is lovely. The view from our room was great as was the view from the garden terrace... Read full review
- DeeBDesignStratford-upon-Avon, United KingdomA wonderful hidden gem, definitely worth checking out and 'checking in'...Tuesday, 3rd May 2022I spent one night at No. 38 Clifton ahead of a long weekend in Bath. Returning to Clifton was a little trip down memory lane for me as I used to live not far. Years on, it was so lovely to find... Read full review
- longburtonsA touch of classSaturday, 14th May 2022What a lovely little hotel and in such a quiet position opposite a green park. On-road parking was easy and we were given a free-parking permit. Service was very good and rooms classy. We were... Read full review