You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good44
- Hannah HTrip Type:CouplesBirthday visitMonday, 25th February 2019Stayed here for my boyfriend's birthday the room was out of this world, spacious clean and airy the view was something else and I can not fault the staff they were incredible from arrival to... Read full review
- tatdarat1990Yelverton, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessMarvellous TownhouseSunday, 3rd March 2019This place met my and my parents' expectations (apart from a hair in the bath and the creaky stairs - can't complain much). Very nicely decorated in room 5. Beautiful stunning view of Bristol. Nice... Read full review
- BabetteLondonLondonTrip Type:FamilyLovely place to stayTuesday, 12th March 2019Really enjoyed it and very attractive place. A bit chilly in the bathroom and no body lotion an eccentric economy in such a swish place, but would recommend. Ask to look over the back, and beware an... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905