Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Number Thirty Eight is temporarily closed. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good47
- Nik-wilkzyWolverhampton, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDon’t visit if a person of colour - everything is great!Monday, 26th October 2020The hotel itself is lovely. It’s clean & modern. Breakfast was lovely too. The service from the waitressing staff & reception 10/10. Management however.... it was communicated to us ( my mother... Read full review
- Lyn-and-JasonLyme Regis, United KingdomLuxury and Views over Bristol and the DownsWednesday, 28th October 2020Great place to stay. Small hotel more than a B&B. lovely renovated Georgian property with spectacular views in both directions from the loft suite. Great bath and shower, products, mini bar, big TV... Read full review
- Surrey361Egham, United KingdomLuxury propertyFriday, 30th October 2020All staff excellent. Large spacious, beautifully furnished room, superb bathroom. Excellent breakfast. Stairs to all rooms but help provided with bag. Mini bar reasonably priced with 2 free... Read full review