Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Number Thirty Eight is temporarily closed. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good50
- garygotekTrip Type:CouplesLovely stay, great serviceFriday, 1st October 2021Naz checked us in and out, he was friendly, welcoming and professional - a rare mix and an excellent member of staff. The room was spotless and roomy enough, it also had character. Very very good... Read full review
- Kiwimummy_lovesfoodLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely couple getawayWednesday, 17th November 2021Nice hotel, rooms were spacious and well kept, super warm, quiet at night, bed super comfy. Great location opposite the park, and 20-30 min walk into Clifton village and the suspension bridge. Hotel... Read full review
- Z3788WZlindamBurton upon Trent, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelI didn't want to leave.Monday, 6th December 2021If you fancy splurging on a hotel room, then I would definitely go for Room 2. The room was beautiful, well appointed and with great views front and back. I'll admit, I could have stayed another... Read full review