You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good47
- TravelQueen2Bucks County, PennsylvaniaTrip Type:CouplesQuiet StayThursday, 4th July 2019We booked 2 rooms and chose the least expensive ones which were located 2 floors below reception. Rooms were tiny but worked. Lovely view out the back. Parking very limited in this area but we were... Read full review
- KatB612Trip Type:CouplesCosy luxury with heavenly bath and gourmet breakfast!Monday, 8th July 2019Number 38 is right opposite the Downs, a few doors down from Kinkajou cocktail bar. Our cosy room was beautifully decorated and luxurious touches such as the crystal glasses and soft-baked cookies in... Read full review
- 947SueCChorleywood, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat boutique stay in BristolTuesday, 30th July 2019We were looking for somewhere to stay when eating at Casamia and this came highly recommended on Mr and Mrs Smith. Just outside the city centre and overlooking the park, the location was ideal. We... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905