You'll feel on top of the world in this smartly converted Georgian merchant's house, with panoramic views across the city from the back and the delightful Clifton Downs in front.
Up a lavender-lined front path, through a stained glass door, find huge style and comfort, without a whiff of pretension: knobbly oatmeal carpets, wide floorboards, beautiful colours, modern art (including a superb sculpture by Cornish artist Tom Leaper) and a few happily battered antiques. Bedrooms are upstairs or down, all with big beds, deep mattresses, long views, clever panelling and bathrooms you'll want to take home - the top suites with splendid brass baths and Victorian tiling.
Breakfast is fresh and west-country sourced. Go for the Full Monty or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Huge fun to watch the skies and have a cream tea or evening drink in the gravelled back terrace, where there are comfortable rattan chairs and sofas among colourful pots of plants from the Scilly Isles (there is a family link). You are within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and the city centre.
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children aged 12 and over welcome
- Conference facilities - Small meeting room. More details available upon request.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Outdoor terrace with views across the city
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre - Located in Clifton, overlooking the Downs to the front and city to the back.
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good42
- kbailey502kbPreston, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelLuxury is too small a word.Thursday, 13th September 2018Stayed in room 12. Mega huge room with own staircase. View over town from one window and view of park from the other window. Lots of lovely touches in room. Very luxurious. Very tasty breakfast and... Read full review
- Anna STrip Type:CouplesBest in Bristol so farSaturday, 1st September 2018Me and my husband stayed here for one night only and we wish it could have been longer! Not enough time in such a lovely hotel and beautiful spacious room with wonderful views!!! Bathroom was huge... Read full review
- StoddardhowellTaradale, Napier, New ZealandTrip Type:FamilyBOUTIQUE HOTEL - WONDERFULThursday, 30th August 2018We have recently just stayed two nights, 16-18 August 2018 at Number Thirty Eight. Gorgeous place to stay with exquisite rooms and service. The young staff are very obliging and helpful. Breakfast... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 946 6905