Orchard House - Self Catering
Tel: +44 (0)1275 333143
Orchard House has two self-catering apartments alongside bed and breakfast accommodation. Both have fully equipped kitchens with electric stoves. Towels and bedding are provided, and central heating and other energy costs are included in the tariff.. Apartments have Freeview Smart TVs/radio and DVD players. Guests can enjoy a well stocked garden, and there is ample on-site parking. Fire safety provision meets all current requirements.
The two-bedroom apartment is in the Coach House annexe, and has ground floor access, double and twin-bedded rooms, bathroom with bath and shower, open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area. Equipment includes washing machine, dish washer and fridge/freezer.
The first floor apartment in the main house is accessed by separate outside steps. It comprises a double bedroom, kitchen, bathroom with bath and shower, and a large lounge with two IKEA chairs that convert into single beds if required. There is a washing machine and fridge with small freezer compartment; additional freezer space can easily be accessed in the garage area. This apartment can be formatted with one or two bedrooms.
About Chew Stoke
Although close to Bristol (8 miles), Chew Stoke ( pop. 800; www.chewstoke.org.uk )
is situated in a rural area close to Chew Valley lake, which offers trout fishing and bird watching for visitors. The village offers a good starting point for exploring on foot, or by bicycle, the local area which includes the Mendip Hills. Bristol, Bath, Wells, Glastonbury and Weston-super-Mare can all be reached within a 30 minute drive; Exmoor, Stonehenge, Salisbury, the coast and many other attractions can easily be reached as day trips. Chew Stoke is four miles from Bristol International Airport. There is a limited bus service to Bristol (except Sundays), but no direct service to Bath or Wells.
Shopping and other facilities
Chew Stoke has a traditional English pub within easy walking distance, but which also includes an excellent Indian restaurant. Chew Kitchen is a successful Bistro and Restaurant also within walking distance. Other facilities, including a CO-OP supermarket, a well stocked traditional butcher, Post Office, Pharmacy and Dentist are available in near-by Chew Magna (1 mile). A modern health centre and Doctors surgery is close by in Chew Stoke. Information on other local shops and many local pubs that offer, good reasonably priced, meals, will be discussed with guests on arrival. A wider shopping experience can be found at Cabot Circus in central Bristol, Cribbs Causeway in west Bristol, and Bath. The old Clarks shoe factory in Street is now a popular designer outlet.
A wide range of sports and fitness facilities are available at Chew Valley school.
Full garage services are available at Ubley motors and Winford Ford, which also contains a SPAR supermarket.
Bed and Breakfast - £40 - £50 per person
Child under 12 years - £20
Child under 2 years - Free
One bedroom apartment - £325 per week
Two bedroom apartment - £435 per week
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- 3 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Visit England Gold Award 2019
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
- Electricity inc in rate
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen provided
- Short breaks available
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Village Location
- Cycle hire - Can be accessed locally.
- Fishing - Permits available for nearby Chew Valley Lake
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ironing Facilities
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- BilbotravellerNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA Wesr Country GemMonday, 3rd July 2017We had a lovely four day break here staying in the one bedroom apartment, there is a separate lounge dining area, a double bedroom with ample storage, a large bathroom with shower over bath and a... Read full review
- adietudorPershore, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent B&BTuesday, 12th June 2018Although my friend and I stayed only one night here, we found it clean and comfortable. Breakfast was at our choice of time, was fresh cooked and excellent, with a selection of homemade jams and... Read full review
- Jill MCounty Kilkenny, IrelandTrip Type:CouplesGreat place.Saturday, 1st September 2018The one-bedroom apartment is comfortable and beautifully kept. Ann and Derek were very helpful, and the garden is beautiful. The local pub isn't much to look at, but the staff are friendly and the... Read full review