Welcome to Bristol's Rock N Bowl Hostel. Set above The Lanes perfectly located in the centre of Bristol, our backpackers' hostel is a great base for your stay in the city.
You and your friends can have the choice of different size dormitories - 2 - 20 beds to a room, and female only accommodation. They are also one of the only budget hostels in Bristol that can accommodate large groups, such as international groups and educational tours. The rooms are big simple and uncluttered. The hostel is a smart, clean place to stay with excellent facilities at a very good price, especially the weekly rate.
Staying at the Rock and Bowl also gives you exclusive access to their ground floor bar called The Lanes, which houses a retro bowling alley, bar and karaoke room. You'll get the best deals on pizza, beer and club nights.
- Cooking facilities for guests' use
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for females - Female only dorms available.
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Cater for males
- Drying Facilities
- Regular evening entertainment - Bands, DJ's. Check 'The Lanes'website for details.
- Separate guests' lounge
- Film or TV location - Please get in contact if you would like to use the venue for filming of photoshoots.
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Old Labour Exchange.
- Other sporting facilities - Bowling
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - NCP opposite Hostel, The Grand Hotel, the Galleries and Cabot Circus
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport Directions
From Bristol Train Station (Temple Meads): (1000 metres) (15 minutes walk):
Leave station complex and turn right,
Follow pedestrian signs for 'Old City',
This will take you along, Victoria Street,
Over Bristol Bridge,
Keep straight on High Street (Do not turn onto Baldwin Street)
Take the left fork onto Broad Street
Turn Left on John Street and follow it down past the Bank Pub. At the bottom of the hill you will find the main entrance with 'The Lanes' written above the door.
Bristol Bus Station (Malborough Street) - (400 metres) (3 minutes walk)
Use the exit by Rank 1,
Turn left down the hill,
Follow pedestrian signs for 'The Centre Promenade'
turn right in front of 'The Bay Horse' pub,
continue past the 'Three Sugarloaves' pub, cross the road at corner of Bridwell Street. Walk past Police Station on your right. The Rock n Bowl Motel is in front of you, use the entrance at The Lanes.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good261
- Lizzy jlondonTrip Type:Solo travelSmelly, humid, heavy metal playing 'til 3am, staff were lazy and rude.Friday, 15th February 2019Absolutely awful. I requested a refund as hostel bookers site didn't state it was a live music venue. They didn't grant it to me. waste of money. Was supposed to be a chilled weekend away in Bristol... Read full review
- Tashyy93Trip Type:BusinessFantatsicSunday, 7th April 2019Brilliant place to go on a stag do stayed there 2 nights close to the strip and easy to bring birds back to . Both nights out and pulled on both occasions... just hope the future wife dosent find out... Read full review
- Tour117425Trip Type:Solo travelAvoid this place if you want to sleepMonday, 15th April 2019Ok so let's start with the positives: It is in a great location in the city center, it is relatively clean and the showers work. That's about it. Everything else about this place was terrible... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 325 1980