Welcome to Bristol's Rock N Bowl Hostel. Set above The Lanes perfectly located in the centre of Bristol, our backpackers' hostel is a great base for your stay in the city.
You and your friends can have the choice of different size dormitories - 2 - 20 beds to a room, and female only accommodation. They are also one of the only budget hostels in Bristol that can accommodate large groups, such as international groups and educational tours. The rooms are big simple and uncluttered. The hostel is a smart, clean place to stay with excellent facilities at a very good price, especially the weekly rate.
Staying at the Rock and Bowl also gives you exclusive access to their ground floor bar called The Lanes, which houses a retro bowling alley, bar and karaoke room. You'll get the best deals on pizza, beer and club nights.
You may also like
- YouTube video
- Cooking facilities for guests' use
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for females - Female only dorms available.
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Cater for males
- Drying Facilities
- Regular evening entertainment - Bands, DJ's. Check 'The Lanes'website for details.
- Separate guests' lounge
- Film or TV location - Please get in contact if you would like to use the venue for filming of photoshoots.
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Old Labour Exchange.
- Other sporting facilities - Bowling
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking - NCP opposite Hostel, The Grand Hotel, the Galleries and Cabot Circus
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
From Bristol Train Station (Temple Meads): (1000 metres) (15 minutes walk): Leave station complex and turn right, Follow pedestrian signs for 'Old City', This will take you along, Victoria Street, Over Bristol Bridge, Keep straight on High Street (Do not turn onto Baldwin Street) Take the left fork onto Broad Street Turn Left on John Street and follow it down past the Bank Pub. At the bottom of the hill you will find the main entrance with 'The Lanes' written above the door. Bristol Bus Station (Malborough Street) - (400 metres) (3 minutes walk) Use the exit by Rank 1, Turn left down the hill, Follow pedestrian signs for 'The Centre Promenade' turn right in front of 'The Bay Horse' pub, continue past the 'Three Sugarloaves' pub, cross the road at corner of Bridwell Street. Walk past Police Station on your right. The Rock n Bowl Motel is in front of you, use the entrance at The Lanes.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good261
- jammingjumperEngland, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelFull of weirdosWednesday, 14th August 2019This place is not like the other hostels, and not in a good way either. I seemed to be the only english speaking person there, everyone else seemed to be living there for some weird reason. It was... Read full review
- freakyashEvesham, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelToilets occupied by weed smokerThursday, 15th August 2019I waited over half an hour to use the men’s cubicle as one was broken. Occupied the whole time by a guy rolling a joint who asked me to go away to let him finish. Complained and left immediately. Got... Read full review
- sandra aSan Francisco, CaliforniaTrip Type:Solo travelEverything I wanted in a hostel!!Monday, 19th August 2019Went to Bristol to see a friend. Found RocknBowl hostel online. They were close to the bus station and all the pubs and cafes dowtown in Bristol. They have an amazing community kitchen and TV room... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 325 1980