Ston Easton Park is well renowned as being one of the best luxury hotels on the outskirts of Bristol, the house has a long and interesting history. The original house appears to date back to Tudor times, however, the structures as they can be seen today were built around 1739 and towards the end of the 18th Century, the East and West Wings were added.
As their guests, you are encouraged to explore the house and its many ‘hidden treasures’ including one of England’s earliest surviving Print Rooms and the superb Saloon – a beautiful and unique room which sets Ston Easton Park aside from other luxury hotels. Follow the ancient stone staircase and discover the beautifully preserved servants’ quarters and the Edwardian kitchen and you will feel as though you have stepped into a page of a Jane Austen novel or onto the set of Downton Abbey.
Although home to 22 luxurious rooms, Ston Easton Park is so much more than just somewhere to rest your head – the antique furnishings and works of art combine perfectly with the bold and lavish fabrics. Contemporary touches have been carefully interjected into these historic rooms whilst ensuring the decor remains true to the building’s grand past. The bathrooms are equally as impressive and every room has complimentary WiFi access, LCD TVs and DVD players. In addition The Gardener’s Cottage is a three bedroom hideaway in the beautiful gardens on the banks of the River Norr, offering a peaceful private retreat.
Ston Easton Park boasts an AA 4 red star accreditation when it comes to serving award-winning cuisine in the most exquisite surroundings. The Sorrel Restaurant, open every day to non-residents and hotel guests is regarded as one of the best restaurants Somerset has to offer. It attracts diners from far and wide for special occasions, family celebrations and gourmet dining experiences.
They pride themselves on using only the finest, freshest and seasonal produce approx. 60% of which they source from their own kitchen garden to provide a sumptuous dining experience. The cuisine has been heavily influenced by newly appointed chef, Ashley Lewis, who has spent time perfecting his craft in kitchens across both the UK and France including Michelin star establishments and is busy working towards his own for Ston Easton.
As well as the exquisite Georgian oak-panelled Sorrel Restaurant, there are a number of private dining rooms available for special occasions, intimate celebrations as well as larger dinner parties.
Steeped in history, this beautiful house is one of the West Country’s most romantic estates and is also one of the most idyllic wedding venues Somerset has to offer, located just 11 miles from Bath, 12 miles from Bristol and 7 miles from Wells. The estate is available for exclusive use so their weddings guests can enjoy private use of the house and gardens on their special day with individual touches added to cater for your every need.
The pretty village church is just a short walk through the hotel grounds and they have four beautiful rooms within the house which are licensed to hold civil ceremonies for between two and 100 guests. There are several lovely unique dining rooms available for the wedding breakfast, catering for up to 100 guests within the house. For more than 100 guests, a marque can be positioned on the lawn, with the hotel as a magnificent backdrop.
As you might imagine, the meeting rooms at Ston Easton Park are impressive; the setting of the house makes it an ideal location for private meetings, product launches or the perfect conference venue to impress that all important client. The extensive gardens and grounds also make the hotel the ideal venue for team building and outdoor events. All meeting rooms and bedrooms have free WiFi access and dedicated telephone lines.
If you are looking for a complete privacy for your conference or business meeting, the hotel can be hired in its entirety on an exclusive use basis, making it one of the most exclusive conference venues.
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Available for wedding receptions
- Free car parking
- On-site coach parking
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Wedding Venue
- Accessible Rooms
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features
- Free Wi-Fi
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good181
- shaunihamling93Eastbourne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful Location, Beautiful hotel..Thursday, 13th September 2018Lovely Area, Lovely Hotel. Rooms where to a high standard we have stayed in a hotel very similar to this I. Scotland and it wasn’t anything like this! In fact it would be only a 1 or 2 Star score if... Read full review
- stanfran2Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTwo evenings with Oscar at Ston Easton ParkTuesday, 18th September 2018A lovely location for a country house hotel - 5 miles from the charming city of Wells with its ancient cathedral & historic Bishops Palace and many other places of interest: Cheddar Gorge, Wookey... Read full review
- Michaela CTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon DelightThursday, 20th September 2018Just had a wonderfully relaxed afternoon tea here. A drizzly day but not quite cold but the fire was lit and it simple added to the warmth of the relaxed, calming saloon. Sitting on luxurious sofas... Read full review