The Coach House is a 19th century cottage situated in the West Town conservation area of Backwell. It is conveniently positioned close to the heart of the village with all the amenities close by.
The accommodation comprises of a large open plan living and dining area with a spacious well equipped kitchen. Upstairs there is a double bedroom with en suite shower room, a twin bedroom and family bathroom. Access is via wooden gates, with ample car parking.
Backwell is an excellent base for visiting Bath, Bristol, and Wells, and for walking in the nearby Mendip and Quantock hills. Local Landmarks include Cheddar Gorge, Glastonbury Tor, Chew Valley lakes, Tyntesfield Court and the coastline off the Bristol Channel. Backwell is also well positioned to visit South Wales, the Wye Valley, the Forest of Dean, the Black mountains, Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds, Longleat, Stonehenge, Exmoor and the Devon coast.
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - Cot, highchair and separate outdoor play area.
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 4 spaces.
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ironing Facilities
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
From M4 jct 19 follow M32 south to Bristol centre. Go through centre and pick up A370 Weston-super-Mare road. Follow A370 into Backwell. The Coach House is approx 1km past the Backwell centre traffic lights, on the left on the junction with Church Lane. Entrance is via wooden gates by the post box. From M5 jct 21, follow A370 towards Bristol. The Coach House is on the right approx 1km after reaching Backwell.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
From Bristol/ Weston-Super-Mare: Nearest train station - Nailsea and Backwell Stations. 1 mile north of the Coach House.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- Sharpy0507Stockton-on-TeesLovely hotelWednesday, 16th January 2019Not easy to find in the dark (check the directions carefully) but very nice accommodation. The welcome was friendly and the room was spacious and very comfortable. A great shower (plus separate bath... Read full review
- 204susiebGravesend, United KingdomGreat placeThursday, 23rd May 2019Great place to stay just outside Bristol . Very clean and well equipped. Comfy beds and 2 good bathrooms . Very spacious living accommodation. We didn’t meet the owners but they were very helpful and... Read full review
- Leanne DMelbourne, Victoria, AustraliaFamily reunitedSaturday, 17th August 2019We were all thrilled with the Coach House in Backwell for our 10 day stay to visit our son. The accommodation was extremely comfortable and exactly what we had hoped it would be! Iola our host was... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 464 635
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering