The Mill House is a 17th Century Grade II Listed country home B&B, located in the peaceful hamlet of Rickford, North Somerset.
Being nestled in the northern foothill of the Mendip Hills AONB, they have over 200km2 of walking and cycling routes, paths and trails quite literally on their doorstep, just waiting to be explored.
Offering up to 4 rooms, providing comfortable accommodation for up to 12 persons at any one time in lightly furnished rooms. It draws on the natural character of the property but still provides you with the homely touches you would expect to find in a house like this. Please contact them for current availability.
Each room is accompanied by its own large private bathroom, and views overlooking the front lawns, or the woodland area surrounding the side and rear of the property.
Bookings include: a hearty, filling cooked to order English Breakfast (vegetarian and vegan options available) in addition to continental breakfast options, parking, use of their fibre broadband and access to the shared sitting room, breakfast room and gardens.
CYCLISTS: They can offer you secure indoor storage space for your equipment during your stay at no additional cost. (you are responsible for providing own locks/chains)
Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in every room. Their beds are fitted with Elite hotel linen and guests are provided with a bundle of 100% cotton towels to use.
Guests are kindly advised that they have a resident house cat here at The Mill House, though she does not have access to guest rooms – if you or any member of your party has an unmanageable allergy to cats/pets, they politely suggest that you seek alternative accommodation.
Dogs are considered upon request – please contact them to discuss the option of bringing your pet with you.
They welcome group booking enquiries.
The Mill House is nearby to a number of popular locations, Bristol Airport being less than a 10-minute drive away, Yeo Valley (HQ and their Organic Garden), Bristol Veterinary School at Langford House, as well as being a stones’ throw away from popular local wedding venues Coombe Lodge and The Aldwick Estate. Cheddar Gorge is also nearby.
They also have a beautiful 17th Century traditional English pub less than a one-minute walk from their front door.
|Dates: (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed: 24th - 27th December
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good9
- Ruben VMellieha, MaltaTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful locationFriday, 31st May 2019The hotel is situated in a beautiful valley surrounded by nature. The building is beautiful but needs a little more upkeep, the garden has a lot of potential but seems abandoned. The rooms were clean... Read full review
- F980DJamypRomford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFamily Friendly, lovely ownerSunday, 28th July 2019We stayed here whilst attending my cousins wedding nearby and immediately felt at home as we arrived. The owner was extremely accommodating for my family which included my 2 year old son and 7 month... Read full review
- Andrea ABrisbane, AustraliaLovely hosts and great accommodation!Sunday, 22nd September 2019Hosts Jim and Jacqui were wonderful. Breakfast was great and location perfect with a local English pub only 100 meters away. Rooms very clean and warm comfortable bed. Would definitely return and... Read full review