Backwell House Restaurant
Tel: +44 (0)117 325 1110
Backwell House is a chic 9-bedroomed country house hotel situated just 6 miles from Bristol in the rolling North Somerset countryside, offering a sleek and seasonal 40-cover restaurant. Open seven days a week for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner under the watch of the brilliantly talented Chef Andy Brooks, the restaurant offers a daily changing menu of deliciously vibrant and beautifully flavourful dishes using the very finest local and organic produce, to reflect the elegant Backwell House and its bucolic setting.
With “provenance” a key watchword of the day, Backwell House couldn’t be more on point. Herds of beef graze the lush pastures surrounding the hotel, the local farmer’s pigs are fattened on the land, bees provide the most delicious honey and chickens lay the freshest of eggs. The stunning Victorian walled garden offers a wealth of vegetables and herbs, and with the intention of increasing the supply, a gardener has been employed specifically to work with Chef to create his perfect kitchen garden. Further ingredients are sourced from bountiful suppliers and farmers in North Somerset, and beyond to Brixham in Devon for the very best seafood.
With the lightest of touches, Chef Andy Brooks and his team present the most exquisite modern dishes, drawing out incredible flavours with impeccable seasoning and classic taste combinations.
Dine in the elegant dining room, decorated with smoky grey walls and warehouse style lighting, complimenting the traditional cornices, sash windows and wooden floorboards. Or enjoy a private party in the intimate morning room, or light-filled conservatory. Whatever you do, don’t forget to check out some lush cocktails in the bar, with floor to ceiling bottles of spirits and wine and a spectacular mosaic bar top – painstakingly up-cycled from the old kitchen floorboards.
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Open for breakfast (residents only), lunch and afternoon tea daily, dinner Monday – Saturday.
Closed 24/25/26 December
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome
- Booking required
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Private rooms
- In countryside
- Unique venue
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good42
- Nick DBristol, United KingdomAnother great night at Backwell HouseThursday, 29th October 2020We only live 5 miles from Backwell House but we like to stay overnight occasionally for a treat. The food is always very good, the bar is cosy and well stocked and the staff are lovely. The rooms are... Read full review
- joanie24Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWeddingThursday, 24th December 2020We had my son’s wedding here on the 19th December. What can I say, EXCELLENT, from the start to when we left in the morning. There wasn’t one thing to not like. The food, the staff, the beds were all... Read full review
- leanne99bristol ukIt is very romantic here - I had a perfect stayFriday, 9th April 2021Backwell House I have had time during lockdown to catch up with reviews-I stayed here on a Saturday night in October 2020. Greeting and Check-In When we took a taxi to Backwell House , we were... Read full review