CARGO Cantina is inspired by the authentic Cantinas of Mexico, traditionally forbidden to women, children and men in police or military uniform, where hombres used to drink around the bar and have some botanas (bar snacks).
The menu is complemented with tacos- an amazing street food the owners and staff enjoyed so much on their travels. Their take is fresh and made with carefully sources ingredients using free range and organic meat, homemade salsa’s and no GM tortilla’s.
And in true Bristol fashion, everyone is welcome.
Located in the Wapping Warf, the restaurant offers al fresco dining and casual walk-in seating, suitable for people passing by for a quick snack or for groups wanting to spend several hours catching up over some margaritas and tacos. As you step through the door at Cantina you are greeted by the smell of fresh spices, the shaking of ice in the cocktail shaker and of course the biggest welcome from staff.
Keeping with the true roots of Cantinas, you don’t need to make a reservation, just pop in they’ll we’ll make space for you, and in the meantime, there is no harm in having a beer from a frozen glass in the bustling atmosphere whilst you wait.
If you can’t decide what to have to eat, why not try the Tacos Todos, a tasting experience of all the tacos, salsas and sides; a perfect sharing meal. The tricky bit is then deciding frozen margarita, straight up mezcal or maybe a homemade soda?
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good27
- ShirescalTrip Type:BusinessAwesome.Wednesday, 24th July 2019Great place. Great staff. Food and drink superb. Friendly atmosphere and made to feel very welcome. My trip to Bristol was made even better by visiting this wonderful place. Highly recommend. Read full review
- jamesarabbitBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDying wishFriday, 23rd August 2019If I was on death row and getting sent to chair, coming here would be my last wish. They still do that don’t they? Read full review
- Sizzler6494Trip Type:FamilyCan’t wait to go again!Tuesday, 27th August 2019Third visit in 6 weeks and now make trips into the harbourside just to visit. Nachos and Tacos on weekends and Burritos on weekday lunch menu. Food is so fresh and tasty and washed down with... Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Sunday, available for Private Hire
Open Sunday over summer