CARGO Cantina is inspired by the authentic Cantinas of Mexico, traditionally forbidden to women, children and men in police or military uniform, where hombres used to drink around the bar and have some botanas (bar snacks).
The menu is complemented with tacos- an amazing street food the owners and staff enjoyed so much on their travels. Their take is fresh and made with carefully sources ingredients using free range and organic meat, homemade salsa’s and no GM tortilla’s.
And in true Bristol fashion, everyone is welcome.
Located in the Wapping Warf, the restaurant offers al fresco dining and casual walk-in seating, suitable for people passing by for a quick snack or for groups wanting to spend several hours catching up over some margaritas and tacos. As you step through the door at Cantina you are greeted by the smell of fresh spices, the shaking of ice in the cocktail shaker and of course the biggest welcome from staff.
Keeping with the true roots of Cantinas, you don’t need to make a reservation, just pop in they’ll we’ll make space for you, and in the meantime, there is no harm in having a beer from a frozen glass in the bustling atmosphere whilst you wait.
If you can’t decide what to have to eat, why not try the Tacos Todos, a tasting experience of all the tacos, salsas and sides; a perfect sharing meal. The tricky bit is then deciding frozen margarita, straight up mezcal or maybe a homemade soda?
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good28
- Danielle BBristol, United KingdomGreat food in Wapping WharfSunday, 20th October 2019Stumbled upon Cargo Cantina whilst looking for somewhere to eat with friends. Staff were very accommodating and made good recommendations of what to order. We had a number of sharing platters which... Read full review
- camelfarmerBristol, United KingdomAverageSunday, 3rd November 2019Nice atmosphere, music, lighting etc. Good service, friendly and efficient. The food was a bit disappointing. The guac was great. The nachos were ok. The tacos were less than I expected. They... Read full review
- kksf1482Bristol, United KingdomCool atmosphere - absolute rip offSunday, 17th November 2019Nice place, food basic and TINY and shockingly priced. Drinks ok but also pricey. This place is the definition of style over substance. Avoid. Read full review
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Sunday, available for Private Hire
Open Sunday over summer