*** Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit. ***
CARGO Cantina is inspired by the authentic Cantinas of Mexico, traditionally forbidden to women, children and men in police or military uniform, where hombres used to drink around the bar and have some botanas (bar snacks).
The menu is complemented with tacos- an amazing street food the owners and staff enjoyed so much on their travels. Their take is fresh and made with carefully sources ingredients using free range and organic meat, homemade salsa’s and no GM tortilla’s.
And in true Bristol fashion, everyone is welcome.
Located in the Wapping Warf, the restaurant offers al fresco dining and casual walk-in seating, suitable for people passing by for a quick snack or for groups wanting to spend several hours catching up over some margaritas and tacos. As you step through the door at Cantina you are greeted by the smell of fresh spices, the shaking of ice in the cocktail shaker and of course the biggest welcome from staff.
Keeping with the true roots of Cantinas, you don’t need to make a reservation, just pop in they’ll we’ll make space for you, and in the meantime, there is no harm in having a beer from a frozen glass in the bustling atmosphere whilst you wait.
If you can’t decide what to have to eat, why not try the Tacos Todos, a tasting experience of all the tacos, salsas and sides; a perfect sharing meal. The tricky bit is then deciding frozen margarita, straight up mezcal or maybe a homemade soda?
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Sunday, available for Private Hire
Open Sunday over summer
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Eat Out to Help Out
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good31
- SuperdudeoBristol, United KingdomNot that great anymoreSaturday, 7th March 2020Came here for a few visits about a year ago. Today the music was far too loud, the server kept messing the order up and the food wasn't that great. If you're going to serve nachos, as least give me... Read full review
- MaddieirwinTrip Type:CouplesFantastic takeawaySaturday, 4th July 2020We used a voucher on our first shared takeaway since lockdown. The food was delicious, fresh and so different from the average. Travelled really well and provided a great night in/out. Read full review
- BuzkasBeware if you're vegetarian or avoid certain meats for reasons of faithTuesday, 4th August 2020I ordered a vegetarian taco from here via Deliveroo. It arrived in a pretty mushed up mess in the box and I only discovered that they'd sent pork instead of my actual order after I'd eaten a... Read full review