Situated in King Street, which dates back to 1650, our impressive building was designed in 1738 as the first purpose-built library in England. Within its elegant façade, the restaurant offers spacious and flexible air-conditioned rooms on two levels. Licensed for 200 people, we can cater for parties and events of all sizes.
Cathay Rendezvous offers diners a unique experience in oriental cuisine that spans the main gastronomic regions of China, cooked and presented in truly authentic style.
Established in 1986, Cathay Rendezvous is still the leading Chinese restaurant in Bristol flavoured by local and National Celebrities. A Bristol institution which has been copied and imitated by others but there is only one Cathay Rendezvous.
Special live Guzheng performance every Thursday throughout December:
Love live music? Interested in Chinese music? Visit Cathay Rendezvous every Thursday from 7.00pm - 10.00pm.
The Guzheng (Chinese: 古箏), also known as the Chinese zither, is a Chinese plucked string instrument with a more than 2,500-year history.
- Al Fresco Dining
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good96
- mtarkaZielona Gora, PolandTrip Type:Businessgood choiceSaturday, 30th March 2019very good Chnesse restaurant. huge variety different kind of food , very good place for business dinner. Service on top quality. Food are excellent and very well prepared. sure visit this place again. Read full review
- ChrissyG24Twickenham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFab!Tuesday, 2nd April 2019Have walked past on many an occasion but on impulse, decided to go in for dinner. So glad we did. Good choice on the menu - attentive, polite staff and excellent value for money. The food was... Read full review
- RobininBRISTOLBristol, United KingdomOh dear - disappointingSaturday, 6th April 2019The building is wonderful but the food is a little "chinese style" 1980. Not exciting. The fresh flowers on the table - lovely touch and the decor is superb. BUT - apart from the food being rather... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 922 6161
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Tuesday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-22:30
Wednesday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-22:30
Thursday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-22:30
Friday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-23:00
Saturday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-23:00
Sunday: 12:00-15:00 & 17:30-22:00