Situated in King Street, which dates back to 1650, our impressive building was designed in 1738 as the first purpose-built library in England. Within its elegant façade, the restaurant offers spacious and flexible air-conditioned rooms on two levels. Licensed for 200 people, we can cater for parties and events of all sizes.
Cathay Rendezvous offers diners a unique experience in oriental cuisine that spans the main gastronomic regions of China, cooked and presented in truly authentic style.
Established in 1986, Cathay Rendezvous is still the leading Chinese restaurant in Bristol flavoured by local and National Celebrities. A Bristol institution which has been copied and imitated by others but there is only one Cathay Rendezvous.
Special live Guzheng performance every Thursday throughout December:
Love live music? Interested in Chinese music? Visit Cathay Rendezvous every Thursday from 7.00pm - 10.00pm.
The Guzheng (Chinese: 古箏), also known as the Chinese zither, is a Chinese plucked string instrument with a more than 2,500-year history.
- Al Fresco Dining
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good94
- krbristolBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat food, Lovely staff.Wednesday, 23rd January 2019We had a really lovely evening meal with friends. The food is excellent. The staff are friendly and very pleasant. Highly recommended Read full review
- LJAPLCardiff, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReminder that Chinese restaurant food can be great!Sunday, 3rd February 2019Visited on a busy Saturday night, really great food, the Cantonese fillet steak especially good. Attentive service too; would highly recommend. Read full review
- David RPlymouth, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat Chinese meal had hereSunday, 17th February 2019We only just managed to get in (didn't book) and are we glad we did - the food was fantastic - so tasty and a good selection - the plate size is just right. The price was great value - Recommended... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 922 6161
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Tuesday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-22:30
Wednesday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-22:30
Thursday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-22:30
Friday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-23:00
Saturday: 12:00-14:30 & 17:30-23:00
Sunday: 12:00-15:00 & 17:30-22:00