*** Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit. ***
Gambas is the sister restaurant to Bristol institution Bravas.
Their menu is made up of signature and popular dishes that they have enjoyed on their trips to Spain. They also have a daily changing specials menu made up of seasonal plates, market fresh fish & shellfish.
If you just want a drink, they have a great aperitivos and gin & tonics list to be enjoyed on their terrace with amazing views of the harbourside. Catch the sun setting over Bristol with a taste experience that you won’t forget.
All of the seafood is sourced ethically and sustainably from Cornwall and Spain, and is as fresh as you’ll find it, which is why the menu is ever changing due to seasonality and the chef’s inspiration. Of course, there are some things too good to ever take off the menu such as fried aubergine with molasses or the paella.
Stay late and watch the atmosphere of Gambas evolve into a cosy candle lit service. Sit at the bar to enjoy the kitchen at work or perhaps you’d rather watch the world go by at the window. Inspired by the traditional ways of tapas, you can walk in for a sherry and a nibble any day of the week and feel transported to your favourite parts of Spain, with a bit of a funk and soul Bristol twist.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Christmas eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Eat Out to Help Out
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good31
- George BTrip Type:CouplesFirst Meal after LockdownSaturday, 4th July 2020Had an absolutely brilliant evening, trying lots of new food at Gambas. The Hake special was exceptional, phenomenally cooked and honestly one of the tastiest dishes I've ever had at a restaurant... Read full review
- 171SteveTNailsea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent outdoor tapas lunchMonday, 20th July 2020Excellent outdoor tapas lunch overlooking Floating Harbour. Lovely prawn and calamari dishes served promptly by helpful staff. Chilled fuenteseca by the glass also delightful. Read full review
- Danielegiordano93Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRude staffThursday, 23rd July 2020I cannot say much about the cousine. My friend suggested me to eat here so I decide to go with my girlfriend on Monday. As soon as we were there a lovely lady told us that even without booking we... Read full review