Not only is it among the country’s leading concert halls, but St George’s Bristol has now opened its beautiful new Café Bar serving delicious breakfasts, expertly crafted lunches, light bites and sweet treats.
Open every day from 10am and located just off Park Street, it’s the perfect spot to meet a friend, pause for a coffee, or grab a bite to eat before listening to world-class music in St George’s Auditorium or Glass Studio.
Firm breakfast favourites already are the House Ricotta and Red Onion Rosti (topped with a poached egg) – which is so popular it’s now served until 3pm! – and the vegan ‘Avocado and friends’ on toast. As well as the lighter lunch options of hearty homemade soups and sourdough sandwiches, other lunch options for Spring 2019 include:
- Cured pork belly with potato purée, smoked pancetta crumb, roasted tomato, garlic kale, chicken and cider reduction
- Charred celeriac, roasted celeriac purée, confit shallot, walnut bonbon, pickled walnuts, spinach, and fresh herb salsa
- Roast cauliflower, three cheese sauce, almond gremolata, pickled cauliflower, sorrel, Parmesan crisp
French-born Head Chef Oakan Brousse has developed the new menu with a creative and seasonal approach, using locally sourced produce wherever possible. Oakan originally trained as a pastry chef, and honed his skills at the acclaimed two AA-rosette Berwick Lodge, as well as other rosette holders such as The Lamb Inn in Burford and The Swan in Norfolk, and luxury clubs and event catering in London.
On joining the St George’s team and creating the new menu, Oakan said, “Growing up in France, I had an amazing variety of beautiful and fresh ingredients at my fingertips. I fell in love with food. I have spent the last eight years developing my skills, working with some of the best restaurants, hotels and event planners. It is wonderful to be in charge of my own kitchen.”
Located just off Park Street, the Café Bar is housed in St George’s £6.3 million pavilion-style glass extension. Sit beneath Luke Jerram’s stunning glass Apollo sculpture, and enjoy the delicious menu, which is already gaining glowing reviews from Bristol’s critics – Mark Taylor of the Bristol Post gave it 4****, saying ‘this highly regarded music venue now has the food to match with a Café Bar that’s a destination in its own right’.
Dogs are welcome into the Café Bar in the day time: 10am – 6pm, Monday – Saturday.
- Cater for groups
- Event venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good18
- AlanandLynGosport, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesKeb' Mo'Thursday, 11th July 2019Great venue, great music, great evening. The acoustics for both performers worked well but Keb' Mo's voice came through much stronger in the building. We'll come back. Read full review
- RevduncanBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayOvercrowded and slow serviceTuesday, 23rd July 2019Came here for a graduation drinks reception. It was taking 15-20 minutes to get served. There were flat bread and manchego nibbles along with grissini, olives and crisps. Too much gas in the... Read full review
- Little_bear917Manchester, United KingdomConcertWednesday, 14th August 2019Saw Bokante here who had their own sound engineer and it sounded great! The venue is very ‘meh’ no real atmosphere or warmth. Obviously suited to classical concerts but even the newly built on... Read full review
off Park Street
Tel: +44 (0)845 40 24 001
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|