Not only is it among the country’s leading concert halls, but St George’s Bristol has now opened its beautiful new Café Bar serving delicious breakfasts, expertly crafted lunches, light bites and sweet treats.
Open every day from 10am and located just off Park Street, it’s the perfect spot to meet a friend, pause for a coffee, or grab a bite to eat before listening to world-class music in St George’s Auditorium or Glass Studio.
Firm breakfast favourites already are the House Ricotta and Red Onion Rosti (topped with a poached egg) – which is so popular it’s now served until 3pm! – and the vegan ‘Avocado and friends’ on toast. As well as the lighter lunch options of hearty homemade soups and sourdough sandwiches, other lunch options for Spring 2019 include:
- Cured pork belly with potato purée, smoked pancetta crumb, roasted tomato, garlic kale, chicken and cider reduction
- Charred celeriac, roasted celeriac purée, confit shallot, walnut bonbon, pickled walnuts, spinach, and fresh herb salsa
- Roast cauliflower, three cheese sauce, almond gremolata, pickled cauliflower, sorrel, Parmesan crisp
French-born Head Chef Oakan Brousse has developed the new menu with a creative and seasonal approach, using locally sourced produce wherever possible. Oakan originally trained as a pastry chef, and honed his skills at the acclaimed two AA-rosette Berwick Lodge, as well as other rosette holders such as The Lamb Inn in Burford and The Swan in Norfolk, and luxury clubs and event catering in London.
On joining the St George’s team and creating the new menu, Oakan said, “Growing up in France, I had an amazing variety of beautiful and fresh ingredients at my fingertips. I fell in love with food. I have spent the last eight years developing my skills, working with some of the best restaurants, hotels and event planners. It is wonderful to be in charge of my own kitchen.”
Located just off Park Street, the Café Bar is housed in St George’s £6.3 million pavilion-style glass extension. Sit beneath Luke Jerram’s stunning glass Apollo sculpture, and enjoy the delicious menu, which is already gaining glowing reviews from Bristol’s critics – Mark Taylor of the Bristol Post gave it 4****, saying ‘this highly regarded music venue now has the food to match with a Café Bar that’s a destination in its own right’.
- Cater for groups
- Event venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good18
- StupotallanMinety, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMidweek show treatSaturday, 2nd February 2019Very good show, good time had by all, will go back again as the little café was great to catch up with friends Read full review
- Helen WTrip Type:Solo travelVery gentl elegant evening outSunday, 3rd February 2019Saw a lovely concert, in a classic Georgian church setting, wonderfully restored in an understated workhorse fashion that allows the building and the music to sing. A real pleasure. Thank you Read full review
- yummy88877Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWonderful acoustics now improved more space and good cafe/barSunday, 17th March 2019If you are visiting Bristol or live nearby we’ll worth checking what’s on at St George’s, wide program from folk to classical, children’s events, choirs etc. Wonderful venue in this Georgian church... Read full review
off Park Street
Tel: +44 (0)845 40 24 001
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|