The Canteen was established in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Primarily a meeting place, Canteen is a hub for people to make connections, hatch ideas and relax with each other. Open almost everyday of the year and always busy, the Canteen is a place of community and inclusivity.
The bar/restaurant opens at 10am with freshly-roasted coffee, delicious butties, wholesome toasted cereals and stewed fruit. At midday, lunch gets into full swing, serving contemporary fusion food using the best of the region's ingredients. Always changing and always fresh, the menu includes delicious vegan and vegetarian options as well as carefully sourced line-caught fish from Cornwall, locally sourced free-range meat options and their house mussels and homemade bread.
Afternoons seem to lend themselves to relaxed meetings, comings goings and lots of cake. At 5pm, the kitchen opens again for the evening, serving the same delicious menu, perhaps with a new item or two to replace what sold out over lunch. This runs up till 10pm when, 7 nights a week, the finest of local and touring musicians from across all genres of music, take to the stage for a free concert. Things wind down at midnight or 1am on weekends giving us just enough time to get ready and rest before the whole show begins again in the morning.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live Music
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good70
- BullThistleFoodGlasgow, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyRelaxing environmentMonday, 4th February 2019Popped in via Stokes Croft Pottery for coffee and nibbles. Certainly a colourful place and not a lot of blue rinse brigades in sight - more orange/ pink.... Coffee was excellent, cakes & croissants... Read full review
- 472jdmBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaygreat place for musicSaturday, 16th February 2019Different music every night, great quality talent and relaxed atmosphere. The food and drinks are not the highlight of the Canteen but the environment and music is really worth it. You feel at ease... Read full review
- HenryFreeTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat beer, food and fun atmosphere for good musicMonday, 18th February 2019This place is wild when the party is going, good atmosphere and really quite fun. Once had a strange time with the bouncers who said there wasn't enough space inside when you can see through the... Read full review
80 Stokes Croft
Tel: +44 (0)117 923 2017