The Canteen is temporarily closed but remains open for delivery, available Friday - Sunday between 4-10pm. For more information please visit their website.
The Canteen opened in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Since then, it’s been open almost everyday of the year and is much more far reaching! With Crumbs magazine award nominations and citywide recognition, The Canteen is a place to meet, eat, and drink.
Some of what they're doing
The Canteen have taken steps to protect everyone using the venue and stop the spread of COVID-19 including:
• Limiting the number of tables both inside and out
• Creating a clear flow of movement within the venue
• Introducing a new ordering systemInstalling a self-clearance station
• Enhancing cleaning routines
• Collecting contact details of all guests
• Adapting the menu
Why they are doing it
In order to open safely and serve food and drink The Canteen need to follow government guidance. By reducing touch points and contact and ensuring social distancing can be maintained the spread of the virus is reduced.
Opening hours have also changed
Mon & Tues closed
Weds & Thurs Midday – 11pm
Fri & Sat Midday – Midnight
Sun Midday – 7pm
With a new menu, they've adapted the prices to work with the new VAT reduction on food and are passing the savings on to you, meaning their affordable menu is now even more affordable.
Keeping it local, sustainable, ethical
As they adapt parts of their business, now more than ever it is important to keep working towards a better and brighter planet.
• Each dish on the menu celebrates local, expanding their supply of locally grown produce from Edible Futures
• The selected drinks menu focuses on local producers and favourites
• Local coffee and tea brands guarantee a fair wage to producers
• The hand sanitiser is made by local gin distillers 6 O’clock Gin
• All the single-use containers, cutlery and cups are 100% compostable
• There is a new clearance station in the venue and more waste bins for correct recycling
|Dates (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live Music
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good79
- DanN1400WARNING: Highly addictive pizzas!Tuesday, 19th May 2020I recently ordered 2 Canteen pizzas for delivery and I was blown away by the quality. I have tried many pizzas across the city and this was my favourite. We had the Pork Belly and a Vegetarian and... Read full review
- katling2121Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThe best vegan roast in Bristol, people!!Tuesday, 25th August 2020The team at The Canteen know how to do Sunday. We came in for roasts at about 2.30. I had the vegan option which was a tasty as lentil and beetroot loaf served with rosemary and garlic roasts and... Read full review
- 758sudiptomTrip Type:Solo travelRude management/ staffSunday, 1st November 2020Just because I couldn't scan the QR code on entry (asked to sign instead) and couldn't do the same inside (to order) the English tall man (who made my £2.60 coffee) : gave me the most horrifying... Read full review