*** Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, The Canteen are now offering a drinks and pizza menu from Old Market Assembly via Uber Eats. Pints will be available, as well as bottles. ***
The Canteen opened in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Since then, it’s been open almost everyday of the year and is much more far reaching! With Crumbs magazine award nominations and citywide recognition, The Canteen is a place to meet, eat, drink, and listen to some of Bristol’s best live music.
Open at 10am with locally roasted coffee and freshly baked pastries from Assembly Bakery, enjoy the space as a place to chat, people watch or work. At midday, lunch gets into full swing, serving seasonal food using the best of the region's ingredients. Always changing and always fresh, the menu includes delicious vegan and vegetarian options as well as carefully sourced line-caught fish, locally sourced free-range meat options.
Afternoons lend themselves to relaxed meetings, comings, goings and lots of cake. At 5pm, the kitchen opens again for the evening, serving a slightly different menu, still with wonderful local ingredients and tempting dishes to suit your night. This runs up till 9pm when, 6 nights a week, the finest local and touring musicians from across all genres of music, take to the stage for a free gig.
On Sundays they do things a little bit differently. With popular tasty vegan, vegetarian and meat roasts served from midday until 4pm. Get in quick, as they’re known to sell out! Live music starts at 4pm and is always something suitably Sunday!
|Dates (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live Music
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good79
- soehailLondon, United KingdomHipster scruff, load music, cheap and alternativeSunday, 29th December 2019I love the friendly cheap and alternative place, as you can also have some vegetarian food here, its always packed actually, but their are usually some places left, I love that they play live music... Read full review
- terark99UKGreat for vegansSaturday, 15th February 2020Had a delicious vegan lunch here. Was very impressed by the choice of vegan options and the food was superb. I had a salad - which can sometimes be a little underwhelming and not very satisfying... Read full review
- DanN1400WARNING: Highly addictive pizzas!Tuesday, 19th May 2020I recently ordered 2 Canteen pizzas for delivery and I was blown away by the quality. I have tried many pizzas across the city and this was my favourite. We had the Pork Belly and a Vegetarian and... Read full review