The Canteen was established in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Primarily a meeting place, Canteen is a hub for people to make connections, hatch ideas and relax with each other. Open almost everyday of the year and always busy, the Canteen is a place of community and inclusivity.
The bar/restaurant opens at 10am with freshly-roasted coffee, delicious butties, wholesome toasted cereals and stewed fruit. At midday, lunch gets into full swing, serving contemporary fusion food using the best of the region's ingredients. Always changing and always fresh, the menu includes delicious vegan and vegetarian options as well as carefully sourced line-caught fish from Cornwall, locally sourced free-range meat options and their house mussels and homemade bread.
Afternoons seem to lend themselves to relaxed meetings, comings goings and lots of cake. At 5pm, the kitchen opens again for the evening, serving the same delicious menu, perhaps with a new item or two to replace what sold out over lunch. This runs up till 10pm when, 7 nights a week, the finest of local and touring musicians from across all genres of music, take to the stage for a free concert. Things wind down at midnight or 1am on weekends giving us just enough time to get ready and rest before the whole show begins again in the morning.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live Music
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good72
- HenryFreedTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat beer, food and fun atmosphere for good musicMonday, 18th February 2019This place is wild when the party is going, good atmosphere and really quite fun. Once had a strange time with the bouncers who said there wasn't enough space inside when you can see through the... Read full review
- olas706London, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesveg roastSaturday, 16th March 2019Best veggie gluten free roast we’ve ever had. nice, relaxed place to hangout. shame we couldn’t stay longer and try more food. Read full review
- kentuckyprideLouisville, KentuckyTrip Type:Solo travelNice meal, ideal for a night out or solo timeFriday, 5th April 2019I have been to the Canteen several times during my stay in the Bristol area, and it is really a nice place to spend time to. If you are looking for a place where you can both enjoy a beer in company... Read full review
80 Stokes Croft
Tel: +44 (0)117 923 2017