The Canteen opened in 2009 to serve people in and around Hamilton House and Stokes Croft, Bristol. Since then, it’s been open almost everyday of the year and is much more far reaching! With Crumbs magazine award nominations and citywide recognition, The Canteen is a place to meet, eat, drink, and listen to some of Bristol’s best live music.
Open at 10am with locally roasted coffee and freshly baked pastries from Assembly Bakery, enjoy the space as a place to chat, people watch or work. At midday, lunch gets into full swing, serving seasonal food using the best of the region's ingredients. Always changing and always fresh, the menu includes delicious vegan and vegetarian options as well as carefully sourced line-caught fish, locally sourced free-range meat options.
Afternoons lend themselves to relaxed meetings, comings, goings and lots of cake. At 5pm, the kitchen opens again for the evening, serving a slightly different menu, still with wonderful local ingredients and tempting dishes to suit your night. This runs up till 9pm when, 6 nights a week, the finest local and touring musicians from across all genres of music, take to the stage for a free gig.
On Sundays they do things a little bit differently. With popular tasty vegan, vegetarian and meat roasts served from midday until 4pm. Get in quick, as they’re known to sell out! Live music starts at 4pm and is always something suitably Sunday!
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Live Music
- In town/city centre
- All major credit cards accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good78
- NewinnmanPontypool, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelRough and Ready, But.......Saturday, 26th October 2019..... comes complete with its own Banksy mural completed in 1997, and is the only upside for the The Canteen. Other than this imagine a Student Union bar and that’s the Canteen. Very simple Read full review
- 370andykMarlborough, United KingdomTrendy scruffy student feelFriday, 1st November 2019As a group of oldies, we had a couple of drinks here in friendly surroundings in a place that gets very busy after 10 and is mostly frequented by under 30's - we were all over 50! and a couple over... Read full review
- CristyLovesTravelEstepona, SpainHorrible security manners and racist manager on dutyMonday, 25th November 2019Hello, after having an unfair situation on Friday 22nd of November with the security and a girl as manager on duty who wouldn't give us their names, I have been forced to write this in here so... Read full review