Hospitality is at the heart of all they do at the Folk House Café. The team want to create a warm and inviting place for their customers to come and eat freshly made and delicious food. They use organic and sustainable ingredients as a matter of course, proudly supporting many local suppliers and growers. They bring the same love of fresh, organic food to their on-site and outside catering events.
The menu at the Folk House Cafe changes with the seasons, is always delicious and wholesome, and ranges from soups to pizzas, salads, stews, bakes and cakes, catering for practically every dietary need and occasion possible. They also have a well stocked bar selling local ales, wine, a huge array of soft drinks and of course teas and coffees.
The Folk House Café’s reputation for serving superb food is well deserved. From the simplicity of warm homemade bread and butter to a full three course wedding feast, they can turn their hand to anything.
The café is hidden away but rewards braving the corridor off Park Street (next to Nomad’s Travel Shop). You will be greeted by an intelligent and friendly staff in a quirky bright interior.
The café is situated within the Bristol Folk House (a centre for adult learning and arts), hosting and catering live music events and festivals, weddings and parties of all kinds.
What people say…
“We had such a fantastic time and are recommending your lovely venue and delicious food to all our friends. Thank you again so much! “ Alice and Louis (wedding)
“Lo-fi environment, first class organic food, delicious coffee, tucked away in its own eco system.” Kristjan Bigland (food and coffee aficionado)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Evening meals during term time only.
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - Including vegan & gluten free
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Al Fresco Dining - Big courtyard garden
- Available for wedding receptions
- Bristol Pound Accepted
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups accepted
- Live Music
- Pets accepted - In the courtyard on the balcony
- Private rooms - Available through www.bristolfolkhouse.co.uk
- In town/city centre
- Unique venue
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFind out about the latest on the roads and get travel directions from TravelWest.info
Public Transport Directions
Any bus to the city centre will bring within 5 minutes of the Folk House. The entrance is hidden - we are down a corridor right next to ‘Nomad’ (travel shop), half way down Park Street on the left.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- Christina075London, United KingdomSuperb food, great quiche and soupSaturday, 3rd November 2018Great coffee, friendly service. Nice and light and sunny and bright. Food is better than ever, love the quiche and salad. And soups are totally divine. £7.50 quiche, £4.70 for soup with yummy bread... Read full review
- Jane BBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLunch dishes good- portions modestMonday, 14th January 2019I’ve often eaten here. The food is good but I’ve veer understood why the servings are so modest. An example would be half a medium size bowl of soup.the soup is nearly always wonderful. It has been... Read full review
- StabbaBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyDon’t read the menu as it might be wrongThursday, 7th February 2019Used to think this was a pleasant location for lunch and was certainly enjoyable.... not anymore now it has new staff and manager. Ordered the main dish only to receive a proportion of what was... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 908 5035
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Monday - Saturday 9am - 8.30pm TERM TIME ONLY
Monday - Saturday 9am - 4pm HOLIDAY TIME
All closing/opening times and variations posted on website and fb page