The Old Market Assembly on West Street, is a venue like no other. Set over two floors in a beautiful building that was once home to a bank, the ornate domed ceiling and large front windows bring in lots of bright, natural light. A wood burning stove keeps things toasty in the winter, and during the summer months the fantastic roof terrace offers an awesome sunset view over Bristol. And it isn’t only the building that is like no other...
Awarded the highest rating from the Sustainable Restaurant Association, The Old Market Assembly is proud to offer a seasonal and sustainable flexitarian lunch and dinner menu showcasing local supplier produce with creative, flavourful dishes, loads of vegan and vegetarian options, and a nutritious, tasty kids menu.
Also home to the Wardrobe Theatre, a 100 seat studio theatre for comedy, drama and subversive theatre, chose a pre-theatre sitting giving you plenty of time to enjoy delicious, freshly prepared food before a performance.
The Old Market Assembly also boasts an enviable drinks list including locally distilled gins and vodkas, great Bristol brewed beers and ciders, and a wine list made up of responsibly sourced natural and biodynamic wines. The perfect place to grab yourself an after-work drink, or soak up the Sunday atmosphere with the ever popular roast dinners served from midday until 7.30pm every week.
At the weekend it’s PARTY TIME! Every Saturday from 10pm, Assembly Nights brings the biggest, brightest and best entertainment to the brand new-stage. From the ridiculous to the sublime via local Bristol bands, touring acts, cabaret, drag and performance, Saturdays are a big ball of inclusive party fun! Check out their website to keep up to date with listings.
Mon - Tues: 4pm - 11pm
Weds - Thurs: 4pm - midnight
Fri: 11am - 2am
Sat: 10am - 2am
Sun:10am - 10pm
During school holidays The Old Market Assembly is open daily from 10am.
For more information visit our website
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Guide dogs permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Conference facilities
- Live Music
- Private rooms
- In town/city centre
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good29
- danielwD298FBBristol, United KingdomAppealing at AssemblyMonday, 2nd December 2019Coming highly recommend, I was excited to try the Sunday roast at Old Market Assembly. Unassuming from the outside, inside is atmospheric in a theatre, perhaps in need of a little TLC. The staff were... Read full review
- Paul RBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayEvening visit - great venueWednesday, 25th December 2019Visited late evening and they were very busy and had run out of pizzas so we had tapas - it was brilliant. Far too much food, everything tasty, great price, outstandingly friendly service. Would... Read full review
- imzcullenBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySo rudeMonday, 30th December 2019The staff are lovely but the manager is a condescending man who was extremely unhelpful when we had a query about our visit Read full review