Nestled in the rolling hills of the Chew Valley, The Pony & Trap has been a mainstay of the South West food scene since Josh and Holly Eggleton first took over the reins in 2006. With Josh running the kitchen and Holly in charge of front of house, this brother sister duo have built a well deserved reputation for quality.
One of the most exciting places to eat and drink in the South West, The Pony and Trap has held a Michelin Star since 2011 and was recently ranked the best Gastropub in the region. The pub has had a colourful past and has been part of the local community for generations; while it may offer Michelin standard food and seven course tasting menus it is still a pub at heart and remains a popular watering hole for local farmers, residents and walkers alike.
With a guiding ethos that food should move from field to fork, chef-patron Josh goes to great lengths to ensure everything on the menu is locally sourced. The varied menu changes daily and the team know the provenance of everything on it. With all of the fresh ingredients sourced from just across the valley, the farmland surrounding The Pony & Trap is merely an extension of its kitchens.
To book a table please call 01275 332627
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Map & Directions
Leaving Bristol on the A37 and just beyond the village of Pensford at the roundabout at Chelwood, turn right on the A368 signed Weston-super-mare. After approximately 1.5 miles you will see a sign for the Pony & Trap asking you to turn right, signed Chew Magna 2 miles, Winford 5 miles. You will find them 1 mile along, on your right.
Public Transport DirectionsFor comprehensive information about getting here by public transport, please visit TravelWest.info
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good228
- KEITH PBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesToo much LunchMonday, 17th September 2018Visited this Michelin Star restaurant for the first time for many months. Nothing has changed in that the standard of the service, food and wine is still of the highest standard. A Friday lunch of... Read full review
- GhostBangor METrip Type:Friends getawayVery Nice ExperienceThursday, 20th September 2018We had an early dinner at the Pony & Trap, and thus were able to see and appreciate the beautiful scenery that surrounded the pub, and which set the stage for a wonderful meal. Everything served was... Read full review
- ANGELA ITrip Type:CouplesGreat foodSaturday, 22nd September 2018One of my favourite restaurants, I always book ahead and let them know about allergies. The menu is printed for dairy free and gluten free. The monk fish main I had was very tasty, unfortunately... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1275 332 627
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Closed Mondays except for Bank Holidays and through December.