The Rummer Hotel occupies a listed building in the heart of the medieval old city. Their multi award winning kitchen serves traditional British dishes, and Sunday roasts in the bar area and contemporary tasting menus in the cellar dining room. They have a growing reputation for embracing the unusual, and regularly feature dishes on the menu like squirrel and pickled periwinkles.
The Rummer Hotel is fiercely independent, with a passion for quality, and a love of local produce.
Their cocktail bar boasts the best and largest spirit collection in the region and their cocktail bartenders are ranked among the best in the country. They have been at the vanguard of Bristol’s cocktail scene, and continue to innovate and impress the cocktails crowd in the city. The stack of awards and accolades over the years, is a testament to the hard work and creativeness of their team.
They also cater for weddings, functions, meeting and events in a bespoke fashion, making for a perfect event every time.
- Guide dogs permitted
- Menus available in large print format
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Available for wedding receptions
- Dog Friendly
- Groups accepted
- Open All Year
- Private rooms
- In town/city centre - Centre of St Nicholas Market
- Unique venue - Bristol's oldest coaching inn
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good76
- RealityCheck2013Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat Gin tasting eventSunday, 10th February 2019Visited here for a gin tasting evening which was given to us a gift, we turned up on a Saturday night at 7pm and were shown downstairs to the gin distillery. The host was great and knowledgeable and... Read full review
- Laura-Jayne ETrip Type:Friends getawayAmazing and well worth the moneyTuesday, 12th February 2019Went here for a mid-afternoon gin tasting experience on a hen do and had the best time! The host was funny and made the afternoon so fun and relaxed, everyone joined in and had a great time together... Read full review
- Justina PBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGin tasting at The RummerSunday, 17th February 2019A wonderful afternoon, a few G&T’s in the main bar then down to the cellars/tunnels for a fabulous couple of hours last Saturday 9th Feb. We booked in advance, it was fully attended so would... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 370 3300
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Monday - Thursday 10am -12am
Friday 10am - 1am
Saturday 11am - 1am
Sunday 12pm - 10.30pm