Due to COVID-19 restrictions, The Strawberry Thief is temporarily closed. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
The Strawberry Thief is an award-winning independent beer bar in Bristol's old city. Inspired by continental style bars they stock over seventy of the most famous and revered Belgian and UK craft beers and ciders, fine wines, and premium spirits. With relaxed and friendly table-service they are a special haven where life can slow down.
The food ethos is to prepare fresh dishes that match perfectly with beer, using high quality local seasonal produce from suppliers that share their passion to be a sustainable business. As an inclusive bar they welcome all with a large offering of vegan and gluten-free dishes, as well as beers.
Their home, Broad Street, was a creative hub of printmaking, a theme that inspired the decor and ambience of the bohemian surroundings. The name originates from the William Morris print that adorns the bar, once printed in the stunning Edward Everard Building directly across the street. You may well recognise the interior and the surroundings from recent filming, including the BBC drama The Trial of Christine Keeler, which featured the bar throughout as it was the set for the café in the programme.
So whether you’ve just finished shopping, relaxing after work, pre-theatre dining, catching up with friends or celebrating something special; The Strawberry Thief team are waiting to welcome you.
Serve evening meal (Tuesday – Saturday)
Serve lunch (Friday/Saturday)
Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss or inconvenience. Gluten-Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten-free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Accept children - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult, before 9pm only.
Booking is recommended for large groups
Exclusive hire of bar available (not Friday/Saturday evenings)
Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
Sustainable venue (aiming for Net Zero Carbon in 2020)
Filming set – Featured extensively in the BBC Drama ‘The Trial of Christine Keeler’
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss on inconvenience. Gluten Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult
- Booking required - Recommended for large groups
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
- In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
- Unique venue
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good40
- T2568XMhollycLondon, United KingdomA lovely eveningFriday, 2nd October 2020This bar had a nice continental feel, with tables outside on a pleasant street and a nice inside area too. Great selection of Belgian beers including draught. The food was really high quality and we... Read full review
- Dean WSolihull, United KingdomEuro Beer CentralMonday, 12th October 2020Strawberry Thief is a cosy bar in the Old City serving beers from all around Europe. I think of all the places we visited during our two day stay, this was the best. Staff are excellent, and the... Read full review
- SaulMcIntyreSheffield, United KingdomLovely little barFriday, 16th October 2020Decided to go on a whim after looking at their menu. Needed to book but luckily got a table a couple of hours in advance. Great range of beers, some lovely food and friendly service. All very Covid... Read full review