The Strawberry Thief has reopened, subject to government restrictions. Please check directly on their website and/or social media channels for the latest updates.
The Strawberry Thief is an award-winning independent beer bar in Bristol's old city. Inspired by continental style bars they stock over seventy of the most famous and revered Belgian and UK craft beers and ciders, fine wines, and premium spirits. With relaxed and friendly table-service they are a special haven where life can slow down.
The food ethos is to prepare fresh dishes that match perfectly with beer, using high quality local seasonal produce from suppliers that share their passion to be a sustainable business. As an inclusive bar they welcome all with a large offering of vegan and gluten-free dishes, as well as beers.
Their home, Broad Street, was a creative hub of printmaking, a theme that inspired the decor and ambience of the bohemian surroundings. The name originates from the William Morris print that adorns the bar, once printed in the stunning Edward Everard Building directly across the street. You may well recognise the interior and the surroundings from recent filming, including the BBC drama The Trial of Christine Keeler, which featured the bar throughout as it was the set for the café in the programme.
So whether you’ve just finished shopping, relaxing after work, pre-theatre dining, catching up with friends or celebrating something special; The Strawberry Thief team are waiting to welcome you.
Serve evening meal (Tuesday – Saturday)
Serve lunch (Friday/Saturday)
Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss or inconvenience. Gluten-Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten-free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Accept children - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult, before 9pm only.
Booking is recommended for large groups
Exclusive hire of bar available (not Friday/Saturday evenings)
Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
Sustainable venue (aiming for Net Zero Carbon in 2020)
Filming set – Featured extensively in the BBC Drama ‘The Trial of Christine Keeler’
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss on inconvenience. Gluten Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult
- Booking required - Recommended for large groups
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
- In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
- Unique venue
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good42
- 892nataliahTrip Type:Friends getawayWe liked it!Monday, 4th October 2021Stylish bar, nice staff and tasty Belgian beer, what not to like? This place literally saved our night out after a disaster dinner in one of the nearby restaurants. Highly recommended! Read full review
- KieranHeartyWantage, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOur kind of spot. Great drinks, food and service.Sunday, 10th October 2021We were staying in Bristol overnight and came across The Strawberry Thief online. It seemed perfect. A large selection of Belgian beers. A few good gins. And finally, there was a small, but delicious... Read full review
- thenonflyingscotsmanGlasgow, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelLovely burger in the St Nicholas region .Tuesday, 9th November 2021After a lovely stroll around the harbourside and college green I noticed this lovely spot near St Nicholas markets and decided to pop in . It was very tasty indeed. The place has a homely vibe to... Read full review