The Strawberry Thief is a multi award-winning independent beer bar in Bristol's old city. Inspired by continental style bars they stock over seventy of the most famous and revered Belgian and UK craft beers and ciders, fine wines, and premium spirits. With relaxed and friendly table-service they are a special haven where life can slow down.
The food is essentially their love letter to the classic kitchens of Europe. This might be anything from a fish stew originally cooked up by fishermen on day boats off the coast of Livorno to a classic confit duck leg paired with local seasonal vegetables. As an inclusive bar they welcome all with a large offering of vegan and gluten-free dishes.
Their home, Broad Street, was a creative hub of printmaking, a theme that inspired the decor and ambience of the bohemian surroundings. The name originates from the William Morris print that adorns the bar, once printed in the stunning Edward Everard Building directly across the street, now the home of the Clayton Hotel Bristol.
So whether you’ve just finished shopping, relaxing after work, pre-theatre dining, catching up with friends or celebrating something special; The Strawberry Thief team are waiting to welcome you!
Serve evening meal (Tuesday – Saturday)
Serve lunch (Friday/Saturday)
Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss or inconvenience. Gluten-Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten-free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Accept children - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult, before 9pm only.
A warm welcome awaits all 4 legged furry friends at The Strawberry Thief. Dogs can take centre stage whilst they relax with a bowl of Bristols finest water and a decent biscuity snack, whilst they’re 2 legged companions lose themselves in the extensive food and drink offering. All that is requested is that all visitors maintain our values of kindness and inclusivity (no human barking rudely or dog using offensive terms will be tolerated!).
Booking is recommended for large groups and on weekends to avoid disappointment
Exclusive hire of bar available (not Friday/Saturday evenings) for functions/parties
In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
Sustainable venue (aiming for Net Zero Carbon in 2025)
Filming set – Featured extensively in the BBC Drama ‘The Trial of Christine Keeler’
|Open (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)
* Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day.
Dates and times are provisional and may be subject to change.
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss on inconvenience. Gluten Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult
- Booking required - Recommended for large groups
- Dog Friendly
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
- In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
- Unique venue
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good48
- HannfamWiltshire, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelCome for amazing beer, stay for amazing food.Thursday, 16th November 2023Time after time the food is tip-top. Whatever you chose on the menu it is perfectly cooked and presented. The beer is awesome, of course. I recommend you order a large draft and get some small... Read full review
- Coastal683469Nice place. Really terrible foodTuesday, 6th February 2024This is a nice place in a good location but do not go for the food as it is surprisingly bad ! The beer seems to hit the mark for our group. Kind staff but terrible nosh. Read full review
- isobelt795Terrible food!Tuesday, 6th February 2024Unfortunately really terrible food which is extremely over priced! Good place for a beer and pleasant staff, but avoid the food at all costs. Read full review