The Strawberry Thief is a continental style elegant bar in a unique setting on the historic Broad Street, the creative heart of Bristol’s ‘Old City’. They offer the city's most diverse selection of Belgian and UK craft beer in addition to local ciders, fine wines, and premium spirits, and a food menu inspired by Belgian beer bars but very much created in Bristol. It’s name originates from the William Morris wallpaper print that adorns the bar, once printed in the Edward Everard building across the street, a grand print works when opened in 1900 and inspired by Morris.
The Strawberry Thief is a proud independent bar, and they support other independent suppliers of high-quality products to ensure a unique range for their customers, all table served from knowledgeable staff. The Belgian inspired food menu is entirely made on site using high quality ingredients that are locally and ethically sourced. Vegan, gluten free, and other dietary requirements are welcome, and the drinks menu also has the widest gluten-free and vegan beer menu in the city.
From Belgian stalwarts to contemporary brewing, there is a beer that is sure to delight, and their beer menu runs to over 70 beers alone every week! Wherever possible they are served with the matching glassware, so it truly is like being transported over to the continent, whilst being very much part of the proud Bristolian eclectic crew. New beers come in every week as a rotating specials list covers styles outside of the core menu as well as seasonal and rare quality beers, so visitors will always find something new.
So whether you’ve finished shopping, relaxing after work, pre-theatre dining, catching up with friends or celebrating something special; The Strawberry Thief team are waiting to welcome you.
Booking is recommended for large parties, especially on a Friday or Saturday night to avoid disappointment. They are also available for exclusive private hire.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day.
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss on inconvenience. Gluten Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult
- Booking required - Recommended for large groups
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
- In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
- Unique venue
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good40
- davidfV4721LTTrip Type:Friends getawayBeer & MoulesSaturday, 16th November 2019Really enjoyed drinking excellent beer in a convivial atmosphere; moules et frites were pretty tasty too. Great evening with old friends and heartily recommended. Read full review
- MariaKerry83London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWorth a visitSunday, 1st December 2019Advertised as a Belgian Beer bar it does what it says on the tin with a really good and varied beer selection. Food menu was a little disappointing concentrating mostly on bar snacks and moules... Read full review
- magdalenamokrogulskaCarmarthen, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelCraft beer heaven 😍 especially for Belgian beersSunday, 26th January 2020This is small but so charming pub in heart of Bristol 😁 very little space so expect to be turned away when busy but an absolute gem worth waiting for a table 😍 all craft tap beers come in different... Read full review