The Strawberry Thief is a continental style elegant bar in a unique setting on the historic Broad Street, the creative heart of Bristol’s ‘Old City’. They offer the city's most diverse selection of Belgian and UK craft beer in addition to local ciders, fine wines, and premium spirits, and a food menu inspired by Belgian beer bars but very much created in Bristol. It’s name originates from the William Morris wallpaper print that adorns the bar, once printed in the Edward Everard building across the street, a grand print works when opened in 1900 and inspired by Morris.
The Strawberry Thief is a proud independent bar, and they support other independent suppliers of high-quality products to ensure a unique range for their customers, all table served from knowledgeable staff. The Belgian inspired food menu is entirely made on site using high quality ingredients that are locally and ethically sourced. Vegan, gluten free, and other dietary requirements are welcome, and the drinks menu also has the widest gluten-free and vegan beer menu in the city.
From Belgian stalwarts to contemporary brewing, there is a beer that is sure to delight, and their beer menu runs to over 70 beers alone every week! Wherever possible they are served with the matching glassware, so it truly is like being transported over to the continent, whilst being very much part of the proud Bristolian eclectic crew. New beers come in every week as a rotating specials list covers styles outside of the core menu as well as seasonal and rare quality beers, so visitors will always find something new.
So whether you’ve finished shopping, relaxing after work, pre-theatre dining, catching up with friends or celebrating something special; The Strawberry Thief team are waiting to welcome you.
Booking is recommended for large parties, especially on a Friday or Saturday night to avoid disappointment. They are also available for exclusive private hire.
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for - An inclusive bar where any special dietary requirements can be catered for without fuss on inconvenience. Gluten Free and Vegan options, including the largest range of gluten free and vegan beer in any establishment in the city.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All ages welcome, must be accompanied by an adult
- Booking required - Recommended for large groups
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Pets accepted - Dogs on leads accepted
- In town/city centre - Just down the hill from St. Nicks Markets
- Unique venue
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good38
- justyn_c_ukBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLove it, love it, love itThursday, 15th August 2019Let’s be honest my wife & I love Belgium beer. To go into a bar and see Kasteel Rouge & Kwak on the beer menu is brilliant. We went twice in one day. Reserving a table for a Friday or weekend... Read full review
- E7222CZmatthewsHayling Island, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMust visitSunday, 25th August 2019Such a great Belgian bar. Really good selection of drinks, super friendly staff and opposite the beautiful Edward Everards printing works. Read full review
- EmmaloupeaSwansea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesStop off drink and snackSunday, 25th August 2019Fancied the look of this place. Nice crowd and accommodating staff. Nice srlectiom of wines and cider. We fancied a small bite so ordered the cheeseboard. It was presented well but lacking texture... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 925 6925
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day.