Located in Rowberrow on the edge of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, The Swan is a 17th century Grade II-listed pub and inn, brimming with history and a cosy, welcoming vibe.
The team take pride in the menus at The Swan, using only the finest locally sourced produce and ingredients to create delicious seasonal dishes and hearty pub classics.
Behind the bar you’ll find an extensive selection of wine and cocktails and a cracking range of award-winning beer from Butcombe Brewery (located just a few miles away in Wrington). Beer also features throughout the menus and daily specials – like the Butcombe Gold beer-battered fish and chips – and the team are always on hand to recommend the perfect beer pairing with your food.
With several vegetarian and vegan options on the menus and gluten-free options available on request, the kitchen can cater for most dietary requirements. There is also a delicious children’s menu.
Located just 7 miles from Bristol airport and 15 miles from Bristol Temple Meads train station, The Swan is the perfect stop-off when exploring Bristol, Somerset, and the world-class walking, cycling and dog-walking opportunities in and around the Mendips. Other local attractions include Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves and Longleat safari park.
|Opening times (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* KITCHEN TIMES
Mon-Sat: 8.00-11.00 / 12.00-15.00 / 17.00-21.00
Sun: 09.00-11.00 / 12.00-20.00
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Assistance Dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Cater for vegans
- Dairy-Free Options Available
- Gluten-Free & Coeliac Options Available
- Outdoor Seating
Children & Infants
- Children's menu
- Beer Garden
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good113
- CjtravisBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAwfulMonday, 8th August 2022The worst meal and all round eating out experience I’ve had in a long time. Food was appalling in particular the king prawn linguine - inedible over cooked mushy prawns and pasta. The chick pea... Read full review
- Mia TTrip Type:FamilyWorst meal everMonday, 8th August 2022Had possibly the worst meal of my life this evening at the swan. We arrived around 6pm and sat down to order food and cocktails. I had a margarita which tasted like a shot of tequila in a glass of... Read full review
- carmenhE2176BJTrip Type:Solo travelBeautiful stayMonday, 15th August 2022Had to stay an extra night in the area due to my dog having an op at Langford, what a beautiful find, the room I had was beautiful boutique in style, spotlessly clean, had everything you needed... Read full review