*** Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit. ***
'The Welly' is a large, detached, traditional red-brick pub at the top of Bristol's vibrant Gloucester Road. It's a much-loved pub that's well known for providing a warm welcome and great service. Part of local brewery Bath Ales' pub estate, it offers high quality food and drink in a lively setting.
Featuring an enviable range of beers (available in jugs as well as glasses), a wide ranging menu, a new conservatory, plenty of space to the rear of the pub for al fresco drinking, and a children's play area, The Wellington continues to be a popular destination for friends and families alike.
Moments away from Bristol's Memorial Stadium, home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers, and the County Ground, the venue for Gloucestershire County Cricket, The Wellington is a popular pub for both locals, and visitors to the city. The large site also offers boutique-style B & B accommodation, so it's an ideal place to stay whether you're in Bristol on business or here for a rugby, football or cricket fixture.
|Date (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Food served: Breakfast (every day 8am to 11pm)
Main Menu (Mon-Sat midday to 10pm Sun midday to 8pm)
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Children's play area
- Eat Out to Help Out
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- In town/city centre
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good41
- AsturiasParadiseBristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing Sunday roastSunday, 2nd February 2020Great pub, dog and family friendly. I’ve been there several times for Sunday roast and it is just amazing, really tasty, fairly priced and very good portioned. Friendly, quick and effective service... Read full review
- AJE62Bath, United KingdomGreat staff and service on a busy nightWednesday, 11th March 2020I booked a table for me and my wife yesterday, knowing there was a football match on nearby (we went) and that the pub would be busy. I booked online but the manageress, Kelly, went to the trouble... Read full review
- C4143YVpeteroBlackpool, United KingdomDining at The WellingtonWednesday, 22nd July 2020The staff at The Wellington are very efficient, strictly adhering to additional safety measures due to Covid 19.. Fish and chips highly recommended. Read full review