'The Welly' is a large, detached, traditional red-brick pub at the top of Bristol's vibrant Gloucester Road. It's a much-loved pub that's well known for providing a warm welcome and great service. Part of local brewery Bath Ales' pub estate, it offers high quality food and drink in a lively setting.
Featuring an enviable range of beers (available in jugs as well as glasses), a wide ranging menu, a new conservatory, plenty of space to the rear of the pub for al fresco drinking, and a children's play area, The Wellington continues to be a popular destination for friends and families alike.
Moments away from Bristol's Memorial Stadium, home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers, and the County Ground, the venue for Gloucestershire County Cricket, The Wellington is a popular pub for both locals, and visitors to the city. The large site also offers boutique-style B & B accommodation, so it's an ideal place to stay whether you're in Bristol on business or here for a rugby, football or cricket fixture.
|Date (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Food served: Breakfast (every day 8am to 11pm)
Main Menu (Mon-Sat midday to 10pm Sun midday to 8pm)
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Children's play area
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- In town/city centre
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good41
- OxonTraveloxfordTrip Type:CouplesOvercooked, dry and tastelessSunday, 3rd March 2019The Wellington used to be our favourite pub for food in Horfield, but it's been going downhill lately and the last time was really bad. The burger looked like it had once been a nice large piece of... Read full review
- BigAndy99Horsham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFish and Chips before FootySaturday, 16th March 2019Met some fellow away fans at The Wellington prior to the match.. the food was well cooked and delivered with a lovely smile and it tasted very nice... cod and chips with a very nice batter plus a... Read full review
- Debra040Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFoodSaturday, 11th May 2019Avoid pie of the day - I had steak and ale pie which was most definitely not ‘home’ cooked. Barely any meat, it was all gravy and pastry. Having said that the chips were amazing and the service... Read full review