'The Welly' is a large, detached, traditional red-brick pub at the top of Bristol's vibrant Gloucester Road. It's a much-loved pub that's well known for providing a warm welcome and great service. Part of local brewery Bath Ales' pub estate, it offers high quality food and drink in a lively setting.
Featuring an enviable range of beers (available in jugs as well as glasses), a wide ranging menu, a new conservatory, plenty of space to the rear of the pub for al fresco drinking, and a children's play area, The Wellington continues to be a popular destination for friends and families alike.
Moments away from Bristol's Memorial Stadium, home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers, and the County Ground, the venue for Gloucestershire County Cricket, The Wellington is a popular pub for both locals, and visitors to the city. The large site also offers boutique-style B & B accommodation, so it's an ideal place to stay whether you're in Bristol on business or here for a rugby, football or cricket fixture.
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Children's play area
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- In town/city centre
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good41
- hollien964Helston, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesComfy bedSaturday, 8th December 2018Room was quite nice, bed was very comfy and nice bathroom. The room was very hot and the fan didn’t do much and the windows didn’t open. Also it was very loud, outside and downstairs, could hear the... Read full review
- nachor954Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat pub lunchFriday, 28th December 2018Had a very good pub lunch , excellent starter pakoras , lovely falafel salad and a nice burger but a little bit overdone for my taste. The service was very fast and courteous, a great local pub and... Read full review
- 99Display_Name99Derbyshire, EnglandTrip Type:BusinessNice pub b and bMonday, 28th January 2019I stayed here for a week whilst working in the area. The pub looks a bit stern from the outside. But once inside there is a nice friendly inviting atmosphere. The pub bit is ok. I had one evening... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)117 951 3022
|Date (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Food served: Breakfast (every day 8am to 11pm)
Main Menu (Mon-Sat midday to 10pm Sun midday to 8pm)