'The Welly' is a large, detached, traditional red-brick pub at the top of Bristol's vibrant Gloucester Road. It's a much-loved pub that's well known for providing a warm welcome and great service. Part of local brewery Bath Ales' pub estate, it offers high quality food and drink in a lively setting.
Featuring an enviable range of beers (available in jugs as well as glasses), a wide ranging menu, a new conservatory, plenty of space to the rear of the pub for al fresco drinking, and a children's play area, The Wellington continues to be a popular destination for friends and families alike.
Moments away from Bristol's Memorial Stadium, home of Bristol Rugby and Bristol Rovers, and the County Ground, the venue for Gloucestershire County Cricket, The Wellington is a popular pub for both locals, and visitors to the city. The large site also offers boutique-style B & B accommodation, so it's an ideal place to stay whether you're in Bristol on business or here for a rugby, football or cricket fixture.
|Date (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Food served: Breakfast (every day 8am to 11pm)
Main Menu (Mon-Sat midday to 10pm Sun midday to 8pm)
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Children's play area
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- In town/city centre
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good41
- Debra040Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFoodSaturday, 11th May 2019Avoid pie of the day - I had steak and ale pie which was most definitely not ‘home’ cooked. Barely any meat, it was all gravy and pastry. Having said that the chips were amazing and the service... Read full review
- kellyshuteWeston-super-Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayVery welcomingFriday, 22nd November 2019We visited as a group of 4 adults, 1 child, 2 babies and a dog and were accommodated with ease. We were brought highchairs and a bowl of water for the dog without even having to ask. The service... Read full review
- X6528SFannemMarshfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday evening mealSunday, 19th January 2020Sunday evening meal at The Wellington .. lovely food (ham egg & chips, steak pie & sausage and mash). Really great, delicious food & great service and atmosphere. Fully recommend 😀 Read full review