Averys has had a shop in Bristol since 1793. Today, you’ll find them at 9 Culver Street, a stone’s throw from their original premises on Park Street.
Go and explore their range of more than 1000 wines and step back in time as you visit the historic vaulted cellars which once housed their bottling line and blending tanks.
Don’t miss out on the tasting table, where you’ll always find a selection of wines open to try. Feel free to ask for a tour and learn a little more about their history and heritage.
If you’re after something extra special, you’ll find the most coveted bottles in the heart of the cellars, in what they affectionately refer to as “The Cage”. Whatever you’re looking for, they’d love to show you around and help you find your perfect wines.
But shopping with Averys doesn’t end with buying wine, there’s a lot more they can help you with. Whether you’re looking for a unique venue for a party, a wedding gift list, free glass loan or wine tastings, Averys will be happy to help.
Pop in for a chat or call them on 01179 214 146.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Sundays, Bank Holidays and Christmas Day
- In town/city centre - Located underneath Park Street
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Pedro BLogrono, SpainTrip Type:BusinessGood WinesFriday, 28th June 2019Averys is one the best independent wine merchants, offering wines of flair, flavour and character often neglected by the multiple distributors. In a world where customer service is on the decline... Read full review
- decosphynx2015Trip Type:BusinessChristmas PartyTuesday, 3rd September 2019Had the best time ever at Averys for our Christmas party. We have booked this venue again for this year as everyone enjoyed it so much. Perfect venue for a party. Lovely staff and good spot in the... Read full review
- Janice ABristol, United KingdomGreat place to watch a filmTuesday, 5th November 2019Recently went to a screening of ‘Carry on screaming’ in Averys wine cellars. It was part of the Bristol Film Festival and an absolutely fabulous night. The evening included a great selection of... Read full review