The American Museum and Gardens are delighted to be able to open their gardens and special exhibition Night & Day: 1930s Fashion and Photographs once again.
The gardens and exhibition will be open from 10am to 5pm (last admission at 4pm), every day except Mondays (open Mondays from the 20th July).
The safety of visitors, staff members, and volunteers is of paramount importance. For this reason, your visit will feel a little different than usual:
- You don't need to pre-book
- Timed tickets are being used to visit the special exhibition. Please enquire on arrival.
- The limited number of visitors will be set at 300 per day.
- The Garden Café will be takeaway only, with a reduced menu, a one-way system will be in operation. Card payments only, no cash at this time.
- Please note: Claverton Manor – main collection remains closed.
Admission prices title
Gardens and special exhibition
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - An accessible toilet is located in the Gallery Shop. There is also an accessible toilet in the Coach House which is open on event days.
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Conference facilities
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Wedding Venue
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good220
- Sarah PWiltshire, United KingdomWonderful any time of the yearThursday, 12th December 2019Took advantage of Wowcher vouchers to visit this beautiful house, museum and exhibition space. Even though it was a cold and rainy day we managed a stroll around the gardens on a newly constructed... Read full review
- HalfandHafTrowbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFabulous fashions!Saturday, 14th March 2020Wonderful visit to the new 1930s fashion exhibition - these clothes literally make you drool! The colours, textures and detail are stunning. (And a walk in the gardens - lovely.) Read full review
- Tigi_HigginsMendip Hills SomersetBeautiful GardensSunday, 5th July 2020Spent a very pleasant couple of hours here wandering around the gardens. The bonus being they have a tramper scooter which took the hill this garden is spread out over with ease. Sadly the tea rooms... Read full review