*** Following guidance from the UK Government on Friday 20th March the American Museum & Gardens is now CLOSED until further notice. ***
The American Museum & Gardens takes you on a journey through the history of America, from its early settlers to the twentieth century. With its remarkable collection of folk and decorative arts, the Museum shows the diverse and complex nature of American traditions. The only museum of Americana outside the United States, it was founded to bring American history and cultures to the people of Britain and Europe.
The permanent collection includes more than two hundred historic American quilts, exceptional pieces of Shaker furniture, Native American objects, and two hundred historical maps of the New World starting from the twelfth century and stretching through the Renaissance. The museum also has the most significant collection of American folk art in Europe. Visitors can also explore the extensive grounds, which include an arboretum of American trees.
Dogs are welcome in the Gardens and Grounds, on a lead though please.
Museum, Exhibition & Gardens
Adults - £14.50 (with gift aid), £13 (without gift aid)
Children (5-18yrs) - £8.50 (with gift aid), £7.00 (without gift aid)
Family ticket - £37.50 (with gift aid), £33.00 (without gift aid)
Adults - £9 (with gift aid), £7.50 (without gift aid)
Children (5-18yrs) - £6.50 (with gift aid), £5 (without gift aid)
Family ticket - £24.50 (with gift aid), £20.00 (without gift aid)
- American Museum in Britain
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - An accessible toilet is located in the Gallery Shop. There is also an accessible toilet in the Coach House which is open on event days.
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Conference facilities
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Wedding Venue
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good219
- AntoniaTripBristol, United KingdomHidden gemTuesday, 10th December 2019Don't bother to go to Bath to see a fine historic house and garden, and a fascinating museum, come here. We went on Sunday, December 9th. You would expect it to be full of families coming to see... Read full review
- Sarah PWiltshire, United KingdomWonderful any time of the yearThursday, 12th December 2019Took advantage of Wowcher vouchers to visit this beautiful house, museum and exhibition space. Even though it was a cold and rainy day we managed a stroll around the gardens on a newly constructed... Read full review
- HalfandHafTrowbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFabulous fashions!Saturday, 14th March 2020Wonderful visit to the new 1930s fashion exhibition - these clothes literally make you drool! The colours, textures and detail are stunning. (And a walk in the gardens - lovely.) Read full review