The American Museum & Gardens takes you on a journey through the history of America, from its early settlers to the twentieth century. With its remarkable collection of folk and decorative arts, the Museum shows the diverse and complex nature of American traditions. The only museum of Americana outside the United States, it was founded to bring American history and cultures to the people of Britain and Europe.
The permanent collection includes more than two hundred historic American quilts, exceptional pieces of Shaker furniture, Native American objects, and two hundred historical maps of the New World starting from the twelfth century and stretching through the Renaissance. The museum also has the most significant collection of American folk art in Europe. Visitors can also explore the extensive grounds, which include an arboretum of American trees.
Dogs are welcome in the Gardens and Grounds, on a lead though please.
Museum, Exhibition & Gardens
Adults - £14.50 (with gift aid), £13 (without gift aid)
Children (5-18yrs) - £8.50 (with gift aid), £7.00 (without gift aid)
Family ticket - £37.50 (with gift aid), £33.00 (without gift aid)
Adults - £9 (with gift aid), £7.50 (without gift aid)
Children (5-18yrs) - £6.50 (with gift aid), £5 (without gift aid)
Family ticket - £24.50 (with gift aid), £20.00 (without gift aid)
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - An accessible toilet is located in the Gallery Shop. There is also an accessible toilet in the Coach House which is open on event days.
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Conference facilities
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Wedding Venue
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- American Museum in Britain
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good204
- Len LCrudwell, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesInteresting history, lovely groundsSaturday, 6th July 2019USA is a young country but this museum packs in a lot of interesting history nonetheless. The grounds and gardens are beautifully arranged and tended. All the staff are enthusiastic and willing to... Read full review
- OncewasgrumpyOrpingtonTrip Type:CouplesA happy half dayFriday, 12th July 2019Of course it’s a bit specialised. Who would be mad enough to ship rooms from America back to England. The international trust? Interesting enough but some of the helpers were unduly prescriptive... Read full review
- Happyplace56Trip Type:CouplesAmerican museum visitSunday, 14th July 2019Hopped off the bus at Bath University to check out the Kaffe Fassett quilt exhibit and the American Museum at Clevedon Manor. After a long walk to the museum, I found the quilt exhibit interesting... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)1225 460503
|Open (17 Mar 2019 - 28 Oct 2019)|
* Main Season opening times
Tues-Sun 10.00am – 5.00pm. Last admission at 4.00pm
Closed Mondays except during August and Bank Holidays.