The American Museum are delighted to be able to open their gardens and garden cafe (takeaway only) during England's lockdown. The new opening times are Tuesday to Sunday 11am to 4pm (last admission at 3pm).
The safety of visitors, staff members, and volunteers is of paramount importance. For this reason, your visit will feel a little different than usual.
Numbers of visitors are limited to 300 per day.
Visits to Claverton Manor – main collection will be through chaperoned visits only.
Entry to the special exhibition is with a timed ticket.
The Garden Café will be takeaway only, you can have a look at the menu here, a one-way system will be in operation. The Gallery Shop is also open with a one-way system. Only card payments are permitted, no cash at this time.
New for 2020 - The American Museum & Garden now has a Children's Garden. Taking inspiration from nature, the landscape, and Native American culture, this is a magical space where children can engage with the natural world and American culture. Natural materials help the garden sit within the landscape, where children can interact with and identify wild flowers, birds, and animals.
Visitors will find an enhanced cleaning program of facilities. Hand sanitising stations are situated in key locations.
All visitors are asked to continue to follow social distancing guidance of two metres and where this is not possible, a face covering will need to be worn. These will be mandatory inside Claverton Manor and the Exhibition Gallery building.
Prior to your arrival, please read the information here to plan your visit.
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2019
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
- AA Awards AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - An accessible toilet is located in the Gallery Shop. There is also an accessible toilet in the Coach House which is open on event days.
Children & Infants
- Accept Children Over 3
- Conference facilities
- On-site Restaurant/Cafe
- Wedding Venue
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good222
- meganalex1996Liverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat experienceTuesday, 6th October 2020Excellent tour provided by Allan. Small groups of 5, take around the entire manor and detailed conversations and information given throughout. Such a good find and place to visit if want something... Read full review
- bsandrsPortsmouth, United KingdomA RevelationMonday, 9th November 2020Whilst we have visited Bath on a number of occasions, previously we had never been to the American Museum at Claverton Manor. However, spending several days in the area, we took a short taxi journey... Read full review
- ClarkozyBath, United KingdomInspiring insight. Stroll for the soul.Sunday, 15th November 2020Fascinating insight into American history, culture and folk art. And that's just the website as we simply enjoyed a tour of the recent and beautifully redesigned gardens due to the pandemic. A warm... Read full review