***Please note: Visit Bristol are in the process of updating our pages with the most up to date information, as and when businesses reopen. Please see individual websites and social media for the most up to date information before you plan a visit.***
Averys has had a shop in Bristol since 1793. Today, you’ll find them at 9 Culver Street, a stone’s throw from their original premises on Park Street.
Come and explore their range of more than 1000 wines and step back in time as you visit the historic vaulted cellars which once housed their bottling line and blending tanks.
Don’t miss out on the tasting table, where you’ll always find a selection of wines to try.
If you’re after something extra special, you’ll find the most coveted bottles in the heart of the cellars, in what they affectionately refer to as “The Cage”. Whatever you’re looking for, they’d love to show you around and help you find your perfect wines.
But shopping with Averys doesn’t end with buying wine, there’s a lot more they can help you with. Whether you’re looking for a unique venue for a party, a wedding gift list, free glass loan or wine tastings, they’ll be happy to help. Pop in for a chat or call the team on 01179 214 146.
Averys began in 1793 and over the years, the family has built its reputation as one of the UK’s most pioneering wine merchants. Today, it is 5th generation Mimi Avery introducing a new generation of wine lovers to Averys. At the heart of what they do - and have done for over 220 years - is share their passion for wine.
They love discovering wines with a story to tell – whether for everyday drinking or fine wines for the cellar. So, if you’re looking for ‘real’ wines, full of character and flavour, then welcome to Averys.
|Open (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed all bank holidays
The above times should be used as an indicator during the recovery phase from the global pandemic.
Please double-check details by visiting the website via the link above before you visit
- Bar - They run regular wine tasting events in the evenings. Full details can be found at www.averys.com/events. They also have a tasting table allowing you to try before you buy with a large selection of reds, whites and roses.
- Conference facilities - Their historic vaulted cellars are available for private hire. They can host up to 70 people and it is available for birthdays, anniversaries, product launches, networking events, corporate events, meal and wine tastings
- Fully qualified instructors
- Secure cycle storage
- Shop - Open 10am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and Sundays in December
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- In town/city centre
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - There is a small car park at the front of the shop for customers
- All major credit cards accepted