BBC Bristol Tours are delighted to have been awarded Silver for Guided Tour of the Year in the Bristol, Bath & Somerset Tourism Awards 2017/18 as well as the VisitEngland Quality Assured Award for 2017/18. To find out why visit www.bbc.co.uk/tours
Come and find out what goes on inside BBC Bristol, the regional television centre for the West of England. You'll learn how television and radio programmes are made and have the chance to visit their interactive studio where you can have a go at presenting the weather and star in your very own radio drama, complete with sound effects!
Your tour guides will give you an insight into the many programmes originating from BBC Bristol and tell you what happens behind the scenes to get them from script to screen. They are also on hand to answer any burning questions relating to technical wizardry and the famous faces that have visited the building. Visitors will have the chance to see the Points West studio, pop into BBC Radio Bristol studios and hear how programmes such as 'Antiques Roadshow' and the Natural History Unit's 'Blue Planet 2' are produced. Many Radio 4 programmes, such as 'Poetry Please', are made at BBC Bristol and your guides will tell you about these and many more.
Visitors on a BBC Bristol tour can now explore the new Wildlife garden created in partnership with Avon Wildlife Trust and BBC staff. It has been designed as a ‘living classroom’ and is available to all schools in the area as a free educational resource and reflects the range of BBC content made here such as Countryfile and Gardeners’ World.
Please remember that BBC Bristol is a working building so no two tours are the same, but they will always be informative, interesting and fun.
Tours take approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All major credit cards accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Driving - head for Bristol city centre and then follow signs for Clifton, University of Bristol and Bristol Zoo. The BBC is in Clifton on the west side of the city centre on Whiteladies Road. (For Saturday tours use the Belgrave Road entrance, which is just around the corner from main reception on Whiteladies Road). The postcode is BS8 2LR
Public Transport Directions
Train - the nearest main station is Bristol Temple Meads. The nearest local rail station is Clifton Down.Bus - from the train station take the number 8 or 9 bus to the bottom of Whiteladies Road. As you get off the bus keep the Royal West of England Academy on your right and you will now be on Whiteladies Road. The BBC is situated on this side of the road and is about a 5-minute walk. The 1,2,15 and 40 also stop outside the BBC.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Ajh6823Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySaved the best til last!Saturday, 10th March 2018We spent a great 2 hours today at BBC Bristol and thoroughly enjoyed it. The studios were very quiet being a weekend but we still got to see all areas and loved the radio and tv interactive bits at... Read full review
- paulchamberlainDursley, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent TourFriday, 30th November 2018Excellent tour of the BBC studios over a two hour period,carried out by the two superb guides Pippa & Julie. Both very informative on the radio & tv sides of production, with a fun ending Read full review
- SAE44Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat behind the scenes tour and excellent value for money.Sunday, 2nd December 2018One of those things we’ve meant to do for a while and we would really recommend this tour. We booked online and had to wait a couple of weeks for a slot on a Saturday afternoon. Lauren and Brenda... Read full review
Tel: +44 (0)370 901 1227
|Open - Pre booking is essential (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* Regular tours take place on Tues, Wed & Sat at 10.00am, 12.45pm and 3.15pm. Tours take approx one hour and 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing. A whole tour can be booked out to a charity, community or educational group.