Come and find out what goes on inside award winning BBC Bristol, the regional television centre for the West of England. You will learn how television and radio programmes are made and have the chance to visit their interactive studio where you can have a go at presenting the news and weather and star in your own radio drama complete with sound effects!
Your tour guides will give you an insight into the many programmes originating from BBC Bristol and tell you what happens behind the scenes to get them from script to screen. They are also on hand to answer any burning questions relating to technical wizardry and the famous faces that have worked in the building.
Visitors will have the chance to see the Points West tv studio, pop into BBC Radio Bristol studios and hear how programmes such as Antiques Roadshow, DIYSOS and the Natural History Unit’s Climate Change: The Facts are produced. Many Radio4 programmes, such as Poetry Please, The Food Programme and Farming Today are made at BBC Bristol and your guides will tell you about these too.
Before or after a tour visitors can explore the wildlife garden at the front of the building created in partnership with Avon Wildlife Trust and BBC staff. It has been designed as a living classroom and is available to schools in the area as a free technical resource and reflects the range of BBC content made here such as Countryfile and Gardeners World.
You are advised that BBC Bristol is a working building so no two tours are the same but will always be informative, interesting and fun.
Tours take approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing.
|Open - Pre booking is essential (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Regular tours take place on Tues, Wed & Sat at 10.00am, 12.45pm and 3.15pm. Tours take approx one hour and 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing. A whole tour can be booked out to a charity, community or educational group.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All major credit cards accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- hollydayBristolbristolbehind the scenes tourFriday, 23rd August 2019excellent excellent excellent. i have visited twice in august with both sets of grandchildren and each visit was superbly executed and presented. we were lucky enough to have a lady called Bella... Read full review
- frances018Bristol, United KingdomExcellent fun and informative. Would do it again.Saturday, 28th September 2019I took my children, age 9 and 11, on this tour today - it was brilliant. We got to see the BBC Bristol Radio station and TV studios, record our own radio and TV sketch, see a preview of a new nature... Read full review
- LizBraSuper tour with super guidesWednesday, 6th November 2019An excellent and extremely interesting couple of hours spent at the BBC studios in Bristol. Guides Pippa and Bella were very knowledgeable and did a great job showing us around the various different... Read full review