Come and find out what goes on inside award winning BBC Bristol, the regional television centre for the West of England. You will learn how television and radio programmes are made and have the chance to visit their interactive studio where you can have a go at presenting the news and weather and star in your own radio drama complete with sound effects!
Your tour guides will give you an insight into the many programmes originating from BBC Bristol and tell you what happens behind the scenes to get them from script to screen. They are also on hand to answer any burning questions relating to technical wizardry and the famous faces that have worked in the building.
Visitors will have the chance to see the Points West tv studio, pop into BBC Radio Bristol studios and hear how programmes such as Antiques Roadshow, DIYSOS and the Natural History Unit’s Climate Change: The Facts are produced. Many Radio4 programmes, such as Poetry Please, The Food Programme and Farming Today are made at BBC Bristol and your guides will tell you about these too.
Before or after a tour visitors can explore the wildlife garden at the front of the building created in partnership with Avon Wildlife Trust and BBC staff. It has been designed as a living classroom and is available to schools in the area as a free technical resource and reflects the range of BBC content made here such as Countryfile and Gardeners World.
You are advised that BBC Bristol is a working building so no two tours are the same but will always be informative, interesting and fun.
Tours take approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing.
|Open - Pre booking is essential (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Regular tours take place on Tues, Wed & Sat at 10.00am, 12.45pm and 3.15pm. Tours take approx one hour and 45 minutes and involve a certain amount of walking and standing. A whole tour can be booked out to a charity, community or educational group.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- All major credit cards accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals
- Groups Accepted
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- 65BramUnited KingdomFantastic insightSunday, 26th January 2020This tour is a brilliant experience for the family. Lauren and Bella our guides were welcoming, enthusiastic and very knowledgeable a real credit to BBC. It’s great fun and you can get involved and... Read full review
- Jackie TGloucester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBehind the scenes at BBC BristolSunday, 23rd February 2020We were a bunch of oldies who went on this tour but I think it would appeal to anyone interested in how things are done behind the scenes. We learnt about filming nature programmes, reporting the... Read full review
- Geof HWimborne, United KingdomEDHT Visit 10th MarchWednesday, 11th March 2020A very informative visit taking us to the TV, Radio and internet Control rooms, the studios and for a brief on the fantastic filming of the Wild Life programs such as Blue Planet. We finished off... Read full review